Grayson to Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethics aside. I think that this is a very brave decision from Grayson.
He has walked out on Blackpool and joined a club where it will either make him a managing legend or will cast him into management abscurity.
1. He will be managing a team of very average players (even by Div 3 standards) who he will need to turn round.
2. He has a psychopath as a chairman who's hiring and firing record is second only to deadly Doug.
3. He has an undoubtably large fanbase who expect miracles from their manager and will get on his back when he doesn't produce.
4. He has to produce "the miracle" without any pre-season and with players who he didn't choose.

Notwithstanding all that, he is in a league where the mid-season points tally is higher than previous years (I may be wrong but I believe that Swansea were on 37 points by mid-season last year, 2 points ahead of 7th place this year). Assuming that most of those win the next 2 games means that 7th place could be on 43 points at half way making a possible 86 points for a play-off place. Which means that he will need to win 18 of the 25 games left (incedentally they have managed 10 wins so far this season). It's a tall order for any manager coming in at mid-season.

I predict roughly the same points/scores for the rest of the season and then the boot by that nice man Mr Bates.

Who will touch him as a manager after that? Chairman expect players to behave like he has but not managers.

I hope for his sake he succeeds (after Sunday that is) but I have my doubts. You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear!

Fail Fail Fail

BG. You do me a mis-service!
I couldn't give a toss about Leeds. I was merely making the point that as an ex City player I would like him to do well.
For what it's worth I think that he has bitten off more that he can chew as I think Leeds will finish roughly where they are now at the end of the season and ultimately he will get the blame. I think Leeds have become a poisened chalice to any manager, whoever he is.

BG. You do me a mis-service!
I couldn't give a toss about Leeds. I was merely making the point that as an ex City player I would like him to do well.

so why are you posting about it then if you don't give a toss.

secondly, why would you want Wise to do well, he's ex city you know!

Just trying to add to the debate. Like 99% of football fans I do take an interest/remark on life outside of LCFC, but I won't rise to the bait BG.
It's Christmas, peace and goodwill to all men. (except trees and sheep that is)

so why are you posting about it then if you don't give a toss.

secondly, why would you want Wise to do well, he's ex city you know!

Wise was never a city player he played for himself.

Grayson was a city player through and through. For that reason I wish him well.

Fail Fail Fail

Die Die Die (Leeds that is)

Last edited:
Wise was never a city player he played for himself.

Grayson was a city player through and through. For that reason I wish him well.

Grayson is a leeds manager, so that's why I want him to fail. Nothing at all to do with him once playing for our club. He is now one of them.

So do you think if they weren't playing us he wouldn't be bothered about trying to win his first game for Leeds?

Not at all, but playing us in his first game, when we wouldn't (for whatever reason) take him on as manager, gives it that little bit more spice.

Grayson told LUTV: "I certainly wouldn't have dropped down a division for any other club and I feel this is the next stage of my managerial career."

I thought this was a bit of a pointed comment when I read it. I would say this is an obvious reference to another one of his former clubs.

Hope we really stuff them now.

Grayson told LUTV: "I certainly wouldn't have dropped down a division for any other club and I feel this is the next stage of my managerial career."

I thought this was a bit of a pointed comment when I read it. I would say this is an obvious reference to another one of his former clubs.

Hope we really stuff them now.

I can assure you what he has said is bollocks. He wanted the job down here before Pearson was appointed.

Last edited:
He's just saying what the Leeds fans want him to say. Getting the fans on his side is a sensible thing to do even if it does mean he has to tell a few porkies to do it.

Exactly, all managers do the same thing... every manager at a new club is going to say "oh yes, dream move, couldn't imagine being at a better club" etc etc..

He's not going to turn up and be like "Am I glad to be here? **** no, I hate dirty Leeds. Why am I here? Well, I wanted the Leicester job but they didn't want me. I'd taken Blackpool as far as I can, and Leeds offered me a big wad of cash, so how could I say no? Hate the dirty racist scum though. *****"

Right, I get all of that, but what he said seemed liked a pointed potshot at City is all.

Of course he is going to say what the fans want to hear, I'm not dismissing that, but his veiled reference to us seemed a bit petty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669