Groundshare (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naughty Fox

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,377-1547977,00.html

'THE Walkers Stadium has been registered by Leicester as their home ground for next season in the expectation that their proposed joint venture with Leicester City will be waved through by the relevant football and rugby authorities.

If they are not, Leicester will remain at Welford Road until such time as the initiative with the football club is settled. If they are allowed to move, Welford Road will be their back-up ground in the event of a fixture clash.

The groundsharing venture has been subject to two as yet unresolved caveats. The first is the purchase of a controlling interest in the 32,000-capacity stadium from the Teachers’ Pension Fund of America. Negotiations are ongoing. The second is the prickly issue of primacy of tenure , which is proving a bigger stumbling block than initially envisaged.'

Am I being a bit thick here? what does all this mean, are they talking about just the Tigers? (it is a Rugby story) or are they talking about the 'joint company', as I see it it comes down to the Tigers wanting to take control AGAIN.
Were has the information flow gone aswell to the fans, it is almost like 'if we don't mention it maybe they will forget'
:-?

It's just a naff story saying Tigers have registered the Walkers as there home ground next year, and confirming that Teacher's haven't even agreed on the deal as yet

Primacy of tenure might sink this whole tragic festering deal into the sewers, where it belongs, with any luck

Naughty Fox said:
What exactly is Primacy of tenure? :-?

If the stadium is shared, it refers to who holds the controlling intrest. ie should a tigers game and a city game fall on the same day, who gets the nod to play at the Walkers.

Definitely - the Football League wouldn't stand for it, god bless 'em

Both the RFU and the Football League have inisisted on their teams having primacy of tenure.

Toss a coin

EMC Fox said:
Naughty Fox said:

In this case it's who gets first dibs at date and time of home fixtures... Both the Football League and Premier Rugby want to be first.

The way I see it is that if the Tigers are saying that Welford Road is their stand-by ground then why not just play there every week. Twats.

Joe_Fox said:
EMC Fox said:
Naughty Fox said:

In this case it's who gets first dibs at date and time of home fixtures... Both the Football League and Premier Rugby want to be first.

The way I see it is that if the Tigers are saying that Welford Road is their stand-by ground then why not just play there every week. Twats.

Too true Joe.

Joe_Fox said:
EMC Fox said:
Naughty Fox said:

Because they can only get 16,000 in there every week. And they were going to have to keep the ground for a while anyway, due to the lease they have.

I think the rugby people have changed the rules about primacy of tenure, which is why clubs with existing sharing arrangements can get away with it.

webmaster said:
Joe_Fox said:
EMC Fox said:
Naughty Fox said:

Because they can only get 16,000 in there every week. And they were going to have to keep the ground for a while anyway, due to the lease they have.

I think the rugby people have changed the rules about primacy of tenure, which is why clubs with existing sharing arrangements can get away with it.

:lol: I like the way you didn't argue with the "twats" bit Webbo.

You may have hit the nail on the head there about the existing sharing arrangements. Well played webbo - congrats on getting off the fence.

lazzer said:
webbo has never sat on the fence :roll:

sitting_on_the_fence_lg_wht.gif

:D thats trevor "creosote arse" brooking surely ???
joe once again give it some thought .........webbo.........sitting ..........fence........... its not gonna happen is it ? :D

lazzer said:
joe once again give it some thought .........webbo.........sitting ..........fence........... its not gonna happen is it ? :D

There are one or two fences that I can sit on, but they've been reinforced to take my weight.

lazzer said:

I suppose not - the glastonbury fence might be strong enough to hold him.
glastonbury-2004-fence-l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670