Gudjonnsen or Williams

Who's better Gareth Williams or Joey Gudjonnsen

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

I think that Williams is a hell of a lot better than Gudjonnsen yet Gudjonnsen is preferred to by CL. Williams always seems to give 110% whereas i don't think Gudjonnsen gives his full effort into any game. I think Gudjonnsen should be dropped and if MA got 1 thing right it was playing Williams over Gudjonnsen.

I think they are 2 players who have different attributes.Joey is more of a ball winner while GW is more of a passing type.The two playing together might be the answer but where do you then play Nalis?

You could play him just behind the strikers but dropping back into midfield with connolly or scowcroft a lone striker but i don't thnink Gudjonnsen should play for 1 i don't like him and for 2 i don't think he's good enough to play for a team with a brilliant history just underachieving at the moment

I think Williams because once he gets a run in the team IMO he will be more consistent than Joey, who has games where he is everywhere and games when you're thinking how did you become a professional footballer

id like to see williams and joey given a go, nalis has looked good on occasions and scores a few but doesnt exactly command the midfield and itd be nice to see if all the 'hes the best passer in the division' hype is true.

on the subject of the style of player joey is - iv seen him play a fair few times now and dont recall him making all that many tackles, am i wrong? he seems very energetic and likes to get forward, he reminds me more of robbie savage than a mckinlay or davidson type player.

Most of Joey's games are more IMO 'How did he become a professional footballer' as I think he's an awful player and my opinions not going to change.

his theatrical, face twisted with pain, dives piss me off cos it makes him and us look ridiculous but i think hes improved over recent weeks - we just need to make sure hes doing his job - winning the ball

But everytime he wins the ball he'll do a stupid pass or take 1 touch to many and give the ball away. He's not good enough for us in this division.

who would you have instead? IMO williams and nalis dont play all that well together and they are too similar, it makes our midfield a bit lightweight

I would have williams and nalis as they did well enough under MA and gudjonnsen isn't good enough for us. Gemmil's better than Gudjonnsen so i would have him if either williams or nalis got injured and if someone else got injured i would get someone up from the youth team for a few games. Dawson if he still plays for us. Anyone's better than Joey.

anyone know who played the holding role at hearts and if they were any good?

BOTH ! JG & GW should be our central midfield pairing, Nalis ? the bench "maybe" !!

Our midfield is woeful, and the main reason we are struggling

Sadly Joey and Williams are the only two worthy of a start. If Morris would get his act together then it should be Williams and Tiatto

But that's like asking for Kylie for a shag.
It'll never happen

homer said:
But that's like asking Kylie for a shag.
It'll never happen
I don't know, the Charlton custodian is a bit of a slapper I heard... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673