Hampshire FP trophy match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

Could do with getting a win under our belts today, but don't particularly fancy us. O'Brien should be playing I think.

Wonder if Wyatt will stay in the reckoning, he did very well against the Windies.

Decent batting performance for once today, 238-6. Boyce 80 :038: and Dippy making a 50

Decent batting performance for once today, 238-6. Boyce 80 :038: and Dippy making a 50

Although an improvement I doubt it will be enough. Need to be looking for 270 or more in 50 overs.

Hants 168-4 from 38. Should be in their hands here.

Now that O'Brien is playing, Henderson is dropped. We should just play our strongest team and be done with it!

Although an improvement I doubt it will be enough. Need to be looking for 270 or more in 50 overs.

Hants 168-4 from 38. Should be in their hands here.

Now that O'Brien is playing, Henderson is dropped. We should just play our strongest team and be done with it!

We lost.

I admire the club for trying to play a certain number of young players. The quality of all our Kolpaks together wouldn't get us silverware anyway. Although I would question whether Henderson should be the man to miss out with Du Toit in the team.

Not enough runs which allowed Hampshire to cruise along without taking undue risks; a crucial easy stumping miss and bits of bad luck.

O'Brien bowled well and will be a good influence....but we don't really look to know how or able to win games.

However, Ireland is at Grace Road in the FPT a week Monday and should provide us with a first win in any competition since I don't expect wins at either Southgate or the Rose Bowl this week.

Not enough runs which allowed Hampshire to cruise along without taking undue risks; a crucial easy stumping miss and bits of bad luck.

O'Brien bowled well and will be a good influence....but we don't really look to know how or able to win games.

However, Ireland is at Grace Road in the FPT a week Monday and should provide us with a first win in any competition since I don't expect wins at either Southgate or the Rose Bowl this week.

Don't count your chickens! Wouldn't be surprised if we lost that too!

We lost.

I admire the club for trying to play a certain number of young players. The quality of all our Kolpaks together wouldn't get us silverware anyway. Although I would question whether Henderson should be the man to miss out with Du Toit in the team.

Mmmm....I'm not sure that it's the best policy not to pick the best team available although I agree with your implication that it wouldn't make that much difference.

On a factual note - Du Toit is NOT a Kolpak player - he is England qualified through residency.

I have come up with a right little earner on the vbookie, just bet against LCCC every time.

Simples.

Mmmm....I'm not sure that it's the best policy not to pick the best team available although I agree with your implication that it wouldn't make that much difference.

On a factual note - Du Toit is NOT a Kolpak player - he is England qualified through residency.

But not a young one - he's 29. The policy is for young, English qualified, players.

But not a young one - he's 29. The policy is for young, English qualified, players.

Yes - I was aware of that.

I believe he is in the last year of his contract - and no doubt in the last chance saloon as far as a first class career is concerned.

My own view is that we badly needed one or two additional experienced players for this season. There is a somewhat sad but usually accurate adage - "Young players win nothing" and I think that we are already OTT in the numbers of youngsters selected for some games. Still as we all know 'we are where we are' and I think we just have to enjoy the cricket and hopefully good weather for this season because I can't see us winning many games.

Yes - I was aware of that.

I believe he is in the last year of his contract - and no doubt in the last chance saloon as far as a first class career is concerned.

My own view is that we badly needed one or two additional experienced players for this season. There is a somewhat sad but usually accurate adage - "Young players win nothing" and I think that we are already OTT in the numbers of youngsters selected for some games. Still as we all know 'we are where we are' and I think we just have to enjoy the cricket and hopefully good weather for this season because I can't see us winning many games.

Indeed, nothing will be gained about us moaning about the players that are there.

Now please don't come back and quote that at me when I'm ranting about Tom New's batting average in a month's time :icon_bigg

Now please don't come back and quote that at me when I'm ranting about Tom New's batting average in a month's time :icon_bigg

I think there is a fair chance that his batting average could be precisely the same as it is now - if you see what I mean.

Tolchard,Higgs,Davidson,Balderstone,Steele...thems proper Cricketers

I went Grace Road once,me Dad got free tickets.It was against Hampshire in the Gillette Cup and we won.I must have been about 12,says volumes that I have never gone again.

Brian Davison,Rhodesian he was..could hit a lot of sixes

And throw the ball a country mile

Forearms like a blacksmith

Not like the nonces nowadays - and it were all fields round here when I was a lad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669