Hampshire v Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Lad

Lost toss. Weather effected & we are 65-1 and tea.

Henderson dropped (injured?) and Kadeer Ali comes in with Naik overlooked again.

Seems very odd considering Ali wasn't even in the 12 that travelled (or even in the squad profiles on the clubs website!) and is not a like for like replacement for Henderson (as Naik would have been).

Make that 65-2 as I type. du Toit out to first ball after tea!

Last edited:
Lost toss. Weather effected & we are 65-1 and tea.

Henderson dropped (injured?) and Kadeer Ali comes in with Naik overlooked again.

Seems very odd considering Ali wasn't even in the 12 that travelled (or even in the squad profiles on the clubs website!) and is not a like for like replacement for Henderson (as Naik would have been).

Make that 65-2 as I type. du Toit out to first ball after tea!

I thought that Kadeer might be called up at some stage given that we have so little batting and no back up. Kadeer - a confidence player who has lost his way over the past couple of years but has talent.
Obviously, green, damp, seamers wickets - so difficult for Naik who looks like he could do with losing a few pounds based on his appearance in the pre season friendly v Warks.

All LCCC tweeted was that Claude is (rested). Strange, as Redditch says maybe a seamer's pitch and conditions. As usuall LCCC don't explain why Kadeer has suddenly appeared from nowhere!

I just had a look on Ceefax (as you do) to check the score.....

003.jpg

It seems to be correct too.

Scorecard

That is worth watching!

Collapsing against their left arm spinner. And where is ours? Rested as 'the pitch is not conducive to spin bowling'!

Hants didn't play their front line spinner - Danny Briggs on the basis of the pitch.

Not sure our score isn't that bad - but I think the match is a doomed rain affected draw.

Hants didn't play their front line spinner - Danny Briggs on the basis of the pitch.

Not sure our score isn't that bad - but I think the match is a doomed rain affected draw.

Yes, I'm going to withhold much criticism of our batsmen for now since the rest of the country are getting similarly lower scores. Lancashire batsmen got their first fifties yesterday!

Useful couple of wickets late in the day, but now Kadeer Ali is bowling his leg-breaks that have reaped 3 wickets in 100 matches! Looks like both teams read the pitch wrong.

Surprised Cobby isn't bowling, he said in this blog that he wants to bowl more in the CC

LCCC have tweeted that play will start at 3.40 and they'll take tea at 4.50.

Cricket, eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570