New Contract Hamza Choudhury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City Academy graduate Hamza Choudhury has extended his contract with the Club by signing a new deal at King Power Stadium until 2023.

The 21-year-old, who hails from Loughborough, has started all of City’s Premier League games this season against Wolves, Chelsea and Sheffield United and has impressed in midfield for Brendan Rodgers’ side after playing a significant part in pre-season.

An England Under-21 international, Choudhury joined the Club as a seven-year-old and made his Foxes debut in an EFL Cup clash against Liverpool in September 2017, before making his top-flight bow at home to Tottenham Hotspur later that season and featuring in each of LCFC’s final seven fixtures of the 2017/18 campaign.

Prior to starring for the Foxes, the tough-tackling midfielder enjoyed two loan spells at Burton Albion in Sky Bet League One and the Championship. He made 28 appearances in total while in Staffordshire and helped the Brewers to promotion to the second tier.

He featured on 12 occasions in all competitions for City last year and played a prominent role towards the end of the season by starting the final three fixtures of the campaign to help the Foxes to a ninth-placed finish in the Premier League.

During his time at Leicester City’s Academy, Choudhury was part of the Under-18s side that reached the semi-finals of the FA Youth Cup in 2014/15 for only the second time in the Club’s history and went on to captain the Development Squad.

So far this term, he has caught the eye with three industrious Premier League displays in the centre of midfield in games against Wolverhampton Wanderers, Chelsea and Sheffield United respectively.

Started last seven games for us. Don’t know why but I’m surprised by that.

Is he in most peoples starting 11?

Started last seven games for us. Don’t know why but I’m surprised by that.

Is he in most peoples starting 11?

He is for me, ultra mobile and does a massive job in protecting the back 4

I love his aggression. It sets him apart from so many players his age.

I’m not Chilwell bashing, he’s fabulous and will spend his entire career in the top half of the Prem but there is something of the ‘cookie cutter’ about him. By comparison Hamza looks so hungry when he gets on the pitch and for me he’s hardly put a foot wrong during his time in the first team.

That's how you reward his tackles, not this nonsense BN was suggesting.

What do you mean nonsense?

I love watching Choudhury and advocated him playing at Sheff Utd ahead of Ndidi (if he'd been fit). I'm pleased he's signed a new contract.

Although he is not a dirty player by any means, he is a dangerous tackler. It's just fact. He flies into challenges and will injure opponents. That used to be acceptable but it isn't any more. Who else do you see tackle like that?

He didn't mean to injure Ritchie but he did because he followed through his tackle too hard. He needs to learn to tackle better or he'll get three red cards this season and cost us valuable points.

I currently prefer Wilf and don’t think both should start. Hamza has been great to watch and it’s awesome having another young player come through.

He didn't mean to injure Ritchie but he did because he followed through his tackle too hard. He needs to learn to tackle better or he'll get three red cards this season and cost us valuable points.

Incorrect, Ritchie got himself injured in that challenge by not backing up his mouth with his body.

Pull out of challenges and get injured, simple. It doesn't even need to be full bloodied for you to get injured pulling out of tackles.

Great news.

I'm a big fan of Hamza. Think he's a different type of defensive midfielder to Wilf; Wilf is an interceptor and space closer, Hamza is a tackler.

But I'm excited to see more of him, and have been for a while. I stand by my claim that he'll be in the England squad by the end of the season.

I look forward to your apology.

I apologise for posting this quote from last year.

Interesting to see Choudhury at right back for a bit. I always thought that he's a right back, and not a midfielder.

He could make it with us in that position, not a prayer in midfield.

Nothing wrong with that. He did look like a stranger in midfield - was that two seasons ago?

Got anything else?

It was from the Spurs match thread in May 2018. Click on the link and it'll take you to the thread.

Anyone who'd watched him regularly for the under 23s, or his periods out on loan, and his first team games for us would have seen his qualities.

But you focused on a performance in a match where half our team was on the beach to say he'd never make it as a midfielder. That was bollocks.

Then there's the post from last season, when you said he wasn't as good as Callum Wright.

It was from the Spurs match thread in May 2018. Click on the link and it'll take you to the thread.

Anyone who'd watched him regularly for the under 23s, or his periods out on loan, and his first team games for us would have seen his qualities.

But you focused on a performance in a match where half our team was on the beach to say he'd never make it as a midfielder. That was bollocks.

Then there's the post from last season, when you said he wasn't as good as Callum Wright.

Classy. The Admin for the site going through posts desperately trying to justify having a go at a regular poster (again).

This is supposed to be a football forum and opinions are the only thing that sustains it. Do you ever wonder whether this sort of approach could be why the site has been in decline for years?

Classy. The Admin for the site going through posts desperately trying to justify having a go at a regular poster (again).

This is supposed to be a football forum and opinions are the only thing that sustains it. Do you ever wonder whether this sort of approach could be why the site has been in decline for years?

You could've just said "alright, I got this one wrong". :icon question:

I didn't "go through posts". I remembered you'd posted some bollocks about Choudhury. I only mentioned it because the subject came up. Am I not allowed an opinion?

he wouldn't be in my first choice 11 but that's because of how good Wilf is but I can see us selling Wilf next summer because of how much Choudhury comes on going with him first choice and Mendy back up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566