Happy New Year 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaarev

Happy new year all you lovely feckers! 2017 will never be the same as 2016, but what the heck. See you all in Cardiff in May.

2016 was full of shitty moments, but filled with one unbelievable achievement. Still can't quite believe it happened to our club.

2016 was full of shitty moments, but filled with one unbelievable achievement. Still can't quite believe it happened to our club.

Like all years 2016 was very personal. Family and friends seem in good health; there comes a time in your life when a year in which no good friends die counts as a good year. I refuse to get upset about the deaths of people I have never met like George Michael or David Bowie; when Buddy Holly, Big Bopper and Ritchie Valens died in the same air crash in February 1959 there was no public hysteria. (1)

2016 was a "shitty year" if you lived in some parts of the world; Aleppo being obvious. For most people in Britain it was a good year. People who remember rationing look at the full trolleys in Morrisons and say "austerity".is the wrong word.

2016 was the best year ever for Leicester City. When we beat Manchester City I realised that we might actually do it. We had already won by the Everton match and so there was no tension just celebration. Listening to perhaps the best singer in the world at the King Power was just unforgettable. (2) .

Meanwhile 2017 promises much/ . February is a good month for the theatre - I will enjoy "The Ratpack" be entranced by the story telling of Gervaise Phinn and laugh my head off at Sir Ken Dodd. (3) The English countryside will still be beautiful the Kings Lock tea rooms will continue to serve cream teas and beer will still taste better when drunk in a pub garden.

2016 was a good year; 1349 now that was a "shitty year5" (4)

(1) There was no hysteria in 1977 when Elvis died and yet he was arguably the biggest star of the 20th century. This wimpishness seems to have started with the death of Princess Diana.
(2) Perhaps the best singer in the world refers to Mr Bocelli and not the lamentable Mr Jersey Budd.
(3) Don't judge Ken Dodd by his TV. He needs to be seen live.
(4) 1349 was the year of the Black Death when around 1 in 3 people died. Think of that in terms of people you know..

Like all years 2016 was very personal. Family and friends seem in good health; there comes a time in your life when a year in which no good friends die counts as a good year. I refuse to get upset about the deaths of people I have never met like George Michael or David Bowie; when Buddy Holly, Big Bopper and Ritchie Valens died in the same air crash in February 1959 there was no public hysteria. (1)

2016 was a "shitty year" if you lived in some parts of the world; Aleppo being obvious. For most people in Britain it was a good year. People who remember rationing look at the full trolleys in Morrisons and say "austerity".is the wrong word.

2016 was the best year ever for Leicester City. When we beat Manchester City I realised that we might actually do it. We had already won by the Everton match and so there was no tension just celebration. Listening to perhaps the best singer in the world at the King Power was just unforgettable. (2) .

Meanwhile 2017 promises much/ . February is a good month for the theatre - I will enjoy "The Ratpack" be entranced by the story telling of Gervaise Phinn and laugh my head off at Sir Ken Dodd. (3) The English countryside will still be beautiful the Kings Lock tea rooms will continue to serve cream teas and beer will still taste better when drunk in a pub garden.

2016 was a good year; 1349 now that was a "shitty year5" (4)

(1) There was no hysteria in 1977 when Elvis died and yet he was arguably the biggest star of the 20th century. This wimpishness seems to have started with the death of Princess Diana.
(2) Perhaps the best singer in the world refers to Mr Bocelli and not the lamentable Mr Jersey Budd.
(3) Don't judge Ken Dodd by his TV. He needs to be seen live.
(4) 1349 was the year of the Black Death when around 1 in 3 people died. Think of that in terms of people you know..
Tut, tut, Mr Gwilliam. I didn't say it was a shitty year, I said it was "full of shitty moments". I stand by that.

The worst death of 2016 was Ragnar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670