Happy New Year (how are you celebrating?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Major

Happy new year to TBers. Wishing you all that you'd wish for yourselves,

I shall be going to a house party around 8ish. What's everyone else doing?

Best wishes to all this forthcoming year of 2010. :thumbs_up

My family are hosting a little 'do' for others to attend. :beer: Hopefully they'll all be gone nice and early.

Last edited:
I don't really bother with all the new year celebration bollocks.
One of the lads is having a bit of a seisiun later, but there's going to be somebody there that I can't stand, a prick of the highest order, so I might not bother.
Feet up in front of the telly with a few drinks & smokes sounds good to me.

still ill, so ducked out of the party I was going to and am staying home with a bottle of champagne all to myself :icon_lol:

I don't really bother with all the new year celebration bollocks.
One of the lads is having a bit of a seisiun later, but there's going to be somebody there that I can't stand, a prick of the highest order, so I might not bother.
Feet up in front of the telly with a few drinks & smokes sounds good to me.

What happened to Innocent until proven guilty Macky?

Happy new year to TBers. Wishing you all that you'd wish for yourselves,

I shall be going to a house party around 8ish. What's everyone else doing?

Happy New Year to all. Staying in for a few drinks, will go out to the theatre on Saturday instead.

Happy New Year!

I'm not usually bothered about the new year/NYE at all... but this year I'm really excited! Not sure why.... I think because 2009 hasn't been a particularly good year lol.

Hopefully for me, 2010 will be the year I get my first proper job, my first proper house, Leicester will get back to the Premiership, and England win the World Cup! That would be perfect lol

I'm off out for a meal tonight with a group of friends, then just going to sit in the bar their until kicking out time.

I even have a resolution for 2010, which is unusual for me! It sounds corny, but it's simply to be and do better! Pretty broad and wishy washy I know... but for me life is all about personal improvement, and that's all I want.... to be happier, to exercise more, to drink less, to be more confident, to take more chances, to be kinder, to be stronger, etc etc... So threw it all into one! ;)

Really optimistic for the year ahead!

Happy New Year to all, and I hope 2010 is amazing :)

Happy New Year!

I'm not usually bothered about the new year/NYE at all... but this year I'm really excited! Not sure why.... I think because 2009 hasn't been a particularly good year lol.

Hopefully for me, 2010 will be the year I get my first proper job, my first proper house, Leicester will get back to the Premiership, and England win the World Cup! That would be perfect lol

I'm off out for a meal tonight with a group of friends, then just going to sit in the bar their until kicking out time.

I even have a resolution for 2010, which is unusual for me! It sounds corny, but it's simply to be and do better! Pretty broad and wishy washy I know... but for me life is all about personal improvement, and that's all I want.... to be happier, to exercise more, to drink less, to be more confident, to take more chances, to be kinder, to be stronger, etc etc... So threw it all into one! ;)

Really optimistic for the year ahead!

Happy New Year to all, and I hope 2010 is amazing :)

FFS It's only Football Manager :icon_wink

Drinking tribute by the sea in Cornwall, perfect.

I'm not into all the rowdy bollocks although I feel bad for skanking my bird and mates who are 300 miles away!

I'm not into all the rowdy bollocks although I feel bad for skanking my bird and mates who are 300 miles away!

It's alright, I'll keep her warm, unless she's ugly, in which case I'll kick her out afterwards.

Skanking must be one of those words with more than one meaning.

At least three, that I'm aware of

I'm aware of:

1. a modern form of dancing
  2. stealing, cadging, borrowing (knowing that there is no intention to return)
  3. spending the evening 'on the skank', trying to pick up the 'skankiest' of women
None seem to be appropriate to ted's situation.

Happy New Year everyone! I can't be arsed to celebrate so I'm just going on fm all night.

I'm aware of:

1. a modern form of dancing
  2. stealing, cadging, borrowing (knowing that there is no intention to return)
  3. spending the evening 'on the skank', trying to pick up the 'skankiest' of women
None seem to be appropriate to ted's situation.

I was aware of 1 & 3 from your list, #1 being the meaning that immediately comes to my mind when I hear the word. #2 is a new one for me.

The other meaning I'm aware of, and the meaning that I think Teddy is intending, is to abandon somebody with complete disregard to their feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566