Happy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

After all the moaning after the first few games I thought I'd start a nice happy thread where we can all write good stuff without any moaning allowed.

I'll start by saying that we'll still go up and although we lost against Milwall it's not the end of the world. Considering that we've brought in a load of new players I didn't really expect us to gel straight away. We were never going to do an Arsenal in this division.
Anyway lets concentrate on Saturday and beat Watford...I've got a good feeling about Saturday...3-0 to the city - Blue Army!

We're obviously going to lose at some times this season, so the Millwall game doesn't bother me too much. They were in the FA Cup final last year and a lot of people expected them to do well this year.

We'll still go up and when all our players are back and fit we'll be doing much better :)

We'll beat Watford, no worries.

Like this thread Matt, I agree, it`ll take a few games for our squad to gel, and when they do I`m convinced we`ll go up as champions, in fact I reckon this squad would have probably kept us in the Prem last season ! all those late goals / thrown away leads would never have happened with keown around, another thing to consider is that Palace LOST 15, yes 15 games last season and still went up ! there`s no way we will loose that many so we`re already in the play offs :wink: I think we`re in for a great season, EIEIEIO etc etc :D

I think some of the posters have either short memories or weren't a twinkle in their dad's eyes when City were playing in front of 8,000 and were dross. The nineties gave us some good times but we haven't got a devine right to them. Micky has a plan, and it will work. Just watch, starting this Saturday, come on you blue boys :twisted:

mad biker said:
Like this thread Matt, I agree, it`ll take a few games for our squad to gel, and when they do I`m convinced we`ll go up as champions, in fact I reckon this squad would have probably kept us in the Prem last season ! all those late goals / thrown away leads would never have happened with keown around, another thing to consider is that Palace LOST 15, yes 15 games last season and still went up ! there`s no way we will loose that many so we`re already in the play offs :wink: I think we`re in for a great season, EIEIEIO etc etc :D

Great thread this one nice too see some positivity, it was always going to be difficult at the start with so many new players coming in and that was not helped by Tiatto being suspended and us having to play a makeshift left hand side, also Gudjonnsen didnt get clearence so he was unavailable so we also had an unbalanced centre of midfield and then low and behold Dion gets sent off after 15 minutes and we are forced to play Blake who on MA own admission is nowhere near fit in the next 2 games. Unfortunately we have yet to see the best of any of the new boys due to all these reasons, but i believe that most if not all of Micky's signings will come good once the full strength team is available and when they gel we will walk it - Champions by Easter !!!!

Look at how many games palace lost last year and they still made it, all be it via the playoffs, and we lost aboout 5 games wen we got promoted, 1 loss isnt the end of our season

mad biker said:

That's fine then. If that's the standard we're setting and we've 15 defeats to play with, the players can pack up taking things really seriously til around Christmas and us fans can go and kick a few balls round Vicky Park with the kids. Winnaweh.

xsubmariner said:
I think some of the posters have either short memories or weren't a twinkle in their dad's eyes when City were playing in front of 8,000 and were dross. The nineties gave us some good times but we haven't got a devine right to them. Micky has a plan, and it will work. Just watch, starting this Saturday, come on you blue boys :twisted:[

/quote]

I don't know how old you're thinking of but I can remember being among 42,000 spectators at the old Filbert Street and we all stood up, if we weren't being lifted over people's heads to sit around the touchline. People can mock the old timers but did you ever watch David Gibson play football or give an exhibition of his balls skills at half-time. I promise you this. If a young Davie Gibson had just been signed by City you wouldn't just be excited, you'd have thought you were the only winner on a lottery worth millions. And you'd have needed another ground to satisify demand for tickets. We've had other exciting footballers, Frank Worthington, Derek Dougan et al. Who makes the ground buzz these days? Have we got a single player who doesn't want to be organised and doesn't want to be cloned into some coaches boring ideal. I look forward to seeing the next City player whose idea of a good Saturday afternoon is to make an opponent wish he'd never seen a bloody football. Winnaway

Matt said:
After all the moaning after the first few games I thought I'd start a nice happy thread where we can all write good stuff without any moaning allowed.

I'll start by saying that we'll still go up and although we lost against Milwall it's not the end of the world. Considering that we've brought in a load of new players I didn't really expect us to gel straight away. We were never going to do an Arsenal in this division.
Anyway lets concentrate on Saturday and beat Watford...I've got a good feeling about Saturday...3-0 to the city - Blue Army!

MATT START THE WAVE, MATT, MATT, START THE WAVE! :D

Tony Elsby said:
xsubmariner said:
I think some of the posters have either short memories or weren't a twinkle in their dad's eyes when City were playing in front of 8,000 and were dross. The nineties gave us some good times but we haven't got a devine right to them. Micky has a plan, and it will work. Just watch, starting this Saturday, come on you blue boys :twisted:[

/quote]

I don't know how old you're thinking of but I can remember being among 42,000 spectators at the old Filbert Street and we all stood up, if we weren't being lifted over people's heads to sit around the touchline. People can mock the old timers but did you ever watch David Gibson play football or give an exhibition of his balls skills at half-time. I promise you this. If a young Davie Gibson had just been signed by City you wouldn't just be excited, you'd have thought you were the only winner on a lottery worth millions. And you'd have needed another ground to satisify demand for tickets. We've had other exciting footballers, Frank Worthington, Derek Dougan et al. Who makes the ground buzz these days? Have we got a single player who doesn't want to be organised and doesn't want to be cloned into some coaches boring ideal. I look forward to seeing the next City player whose idea of a good Saturday afternoon is to make an opponent wish he'd never seen a bloody football. Winnaway

Tony this was meant to be a happy thread there has been too much negativity already this season, me included but lets look on bright side we have got an excellent squad of players, a decent mix of youth and experience, I remember the bad old days no not PT but in the last season of David Pleat when we had to beat West Brom on the last day to avoid not being relegated from the division we are now in. What this club has achieved since then has been amazing, 2 league cups, eurpoean football, 2 relegations in 3 seasons and hopefully by May 2 promotions in 3 seasons, and we have one of the most promising managers in the country and a decent squad - this is the greatest club in the world and i wouldnt want to change it for the world thats the excitement of supporting the Blue Army. So come on lets just enjoy the ride !!!!!!

I remember when it were all fields round here.........

homer said:
I remember when it were all fields round here.........

Hope you're dead right. Fingers crossed.

If Danny Tiatto is playing on Saturday, you may well get your wish Tony, :wink: alas we may see another red card if he does :roll:

thing is that ipswich match (as someone pointed out on the Moan in) we had a huge amount of injurys! We had played well up until that point!

Thats not a moan, its just a point :D :D

Fox Fan said:
thing is that ipswich match (as someone pointed out on the Moan in) we had a huge amount of injurys!
it was a bizarre game.
did you know that i played up front for the last 25 minutes?

MKFox said:
Fox Fan said:
thing is that ipswich match (as someone pointed out on the Moan in) we had a huge amount of injurys!
it was a bizarre game.
did you know that i played up front for the last 25 minutes?

Your not Ashton are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670