Harper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give the 2H's the benefit of the doubt for a couple of weeks, Then throw them out.

Anybody is better than the 2H's

Give the 2H's the benefit of the doubt for a couple of weeks, Then throw them out

Er... now, I'm not even a minor fan of either of the Hs, but what's the point in this? Give them two weeks then throw them out? Uh? What if they actually do well in those two weeks? :roll:

How do you know that??? They've been in charge for one away draw, which, but for an albeit predictable late own goal, would have been a win over one of our local rivals. Not exactly grounds for dismissal, that. :roll:

I really don't like the idea of H&H in charge of our club permanently, but if it is just to be a temporary, steadying of the ship kind of deal, whilst the board takes the required time to look properly for the perfect manager (we all hope) then I say let's get behind them and give them a bit of support. If they can get us a few points we'll be in a better position when the new man takes over. It's a bit early to get the axes out just yet...

DesertFox said:
Give the 2H's the benefit of the doubt for a couple of weeks, Then throw them out

Er... now, I'm not even a minor fan of either of the Hs, but what's the point in this? Give them two weeks then throw them out? Uh? What if they actually do well in those two weeks? :roll:

How do you know that??? They've been in charge for one away draw, which, but for an albeit predictable late own goal, would have been a win over one of our local rivals. Not exactly grounds for dismissal, that. :roll:

I really don't like the idea of H&H in charge of our club permanently, but if it is just to be a temporary, steadying of the ship kind of deal, whilst the board takes the required time to look properly for the perfect manager (we all hope) then I say let's get behind them and give them a bit of support. If they can get us a few points we'll be in a better position when the new man takes over. It's a bit early to get the axes out just yet...

It's not difficult these days to be right about what will happen at LCFC.

I didn't rate MA particularly highly - but anticipated that his departure would only bring worse news - in the form of Bassett.

I will say this before the two home games - there is little or no chance of meaningful success with this reactionary duo. He is there because it doesn't cost and the club has no imagination and no effective leadership.
Sad times!

FOX MENTAL said:
Why is everyone so against Scowy on the wing?

He has been performing consistantly well this season and IS our top goal scorer. He played a major part in our goal on Sat and in all fairness although Harper played welll, Scowy produced the goods!

Scowy should be upfront. You don't put someone on the right wing because they're you're top scorer :? I'm alright with Gillespie there, but if he's injured/suspended we're short of options. Plus Harper could've gone on the left with Wilcox being injured

have to totally agree about the full-back situation... We were never going to keep Thatcher once the Premiership came calling and as for Davidson, well, he spent almost as much time on the treatment table as a certain Mr. Morris... but why did we get rid of Sinclair. The obvious answer is because of his high wages but surely he's not on 20.000 a week at Turf Moor. We should have offered him a new contract on lower wages. Sure, he could be 'mad frank' at times but in general he was/is a solid defender. He's certainly helped Burnley tighten up at the back...

Still can't understand the decision to allow Harper to disappear. Yeah, display the full back vacancy signs by all means, but not only had this guy played well and offered us something slightly different on the wing (because let's face it, Gillespie is never going to be the player he once was), but it scares me a little that the caretaker manager is making these type of squad decisions - doesn't this emphasize that Bassett is going to get the job until at least the end of the season?

That is not what either club has said - it was entirely our decision

Bassett said: "Harry Redknapp (Pompey boss) told me they are short of a few players so we came to the conclusion that it would be better if he returned."

Shame to see him go back I thought he had a great impact on the team and could have been a key player for us.

is it a fox? said:
Bassett said: "Harry Redknapp (Pompey boss) told me they are short of a few players so we came to the conclusion that it would be better if he returned."

If Harry Redknapp is so short of players, maybe we could come to the conclusion to lend him Gillespie, Blake and Dabizas as well?

Redditch Fox said:
DesertFox said:

You could have nicknamed City the "Would-have-beens" this season. The problem is - and there's nothing new in this - matches are played over 90 minutes plus stoppage time. The own goal was a bloody mess and we got what we deserved for not building on our lead --- one point out of three.

It's not difficult these days to be right about what will happen at LCFC.

I didn't rate MA particularly highly - but anticipated that his departure would only bring worse news - in the form of Bassett.

I will say this before the two home games - there is little or no chance of meaningful success with this reactionary duo. He is there because it doesn't cost and the club has no imagination and no effective leadership.
Sad times!

Graz said:
FOX MENTAL said:
Why is everyone so against Scowy on the wing?

He has been performing consistantly well this season and IS our top goal scorer. He played a major part in our goal on Sat and in all fairness although Harper played welll, Scowy produced the goods!

Scowy should be upfront. You don't put someone on the right wing because they're you're top scorer :? I'm alright with Gillespie there, but if he's injured/suspended we're short of options. Plus Harper could've gone on the left with Wilcox being injured

But Scowy DOES Link up play well and he gets forward to chip in with goals!

Desertfox, If the 2h's do well, great but I just cant see them doing anything for us. Initially DB will put some effort into sorting out the team and I think things will improve but once he has a signed contract he will revert back to his old self and be the same as last time and we will then be further in the shite.

PS Bassett sent Harper back cos he did not want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669