Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_B

Anyone going or looking forwards to it? I am as excited as a pig in poo and just booked tickets for the midnight showing on Thursday. Sad, maybe, but I don't care!

Yes, looking forward to it. Couple of reviews I've read so far have been positive too.

Anyone going or looking forwards to it? I am as excited as a pig in poo and just booked tickets for the midnight showing on Thursday. Sad, maybe, but I don't care!

I'm definitely going, but havent booked my tickets yet. Looking forward to reading your blog on it :)

Will you be going dressed for the occasion?
I remember a previous 1st night special at Meadowhall a few years back when I ran into a family of 4 or 5 that were all dressed in Harry Potter gear going in the opposite direction in a hurry. I thought at first they had escaped from a loony bin especially when the father who was wearing a wizards hat with a crap wig underneath greeted me with some Harry Potter gobbledygook that meant nothing to me as the books and films have all passed me by.

Will you be going dressed for the occasion?
I remember a previous 1st night special at Meadowhall a few years back when I ran into a family of 4 or 5 that were all dressed in Harry Potter gear going in the opposite direction in a hurry. I thought at first they had escaped from a loony bin especially when the father who was wearing a wizards hat with a crap wig underneath greeted me with some Harry Potter gobbledygook that meant nothing to me as the books and films have all passed me by.
There seems to be something about you that attracts other nutters. I mean... that attracts nutters. I can't put my finger on it.

Rotherham have their fair share of nutters which I have witnessed when working around the area recently during the day and on the odd occasion when I've been in the town centre after 7pm.

There was one guy(an Eastern European) in the bus station last week who was absolutely pissed at 7-45pm and was thanking the staff by giving them a hug.
Some girl (a local lass) tried to help him as he was unsure how to get the bus home. She was bit loud (they were about 25 yards away) and everyone could hear as she asked him "whereabouts do you live" "Rawmarsh" she repeated "where in Rawmarsh". He didn't know and as it went on it got more comical and you could hear only her side of the conversation. The next thing she suddenly flew off the handle after he said something and started saying he was a rapist, a stalker and he should **** off to Rawmarsh and leave her alone. I had turned round to witness this verbal onslaught and the poor guy was standing there frightened to death. He was literally cowering and cringing as though he expected her to whack him one any second.
Good thing is the bus ride probably puts off most of the Rotherham nutters from making it all the way to Don Valley. But you never know who might turn up on the night.

Last edited:
Rotherham have their fair share of nutters which I have witnessed when working around the area recently during the day and on the odd occasion when I've been in the town centre after 7pm.

There was one guy(an Eastern European) in the bus station last week who was absolutely pissed at 7-45pm and was thanking the staff by giving them a hug.
Some girl (a local lass) tried to help him as he was unsure how to get the bus home. She was bit loud (they were about 25 yards away) and everyone could hear as she asked him "whereabouts do you live" "Rawmarsh" she repeated "where in Rawmarsh". He didn't know and as it went on it got more comical and you could hear only her side of the conversation. The next thing she suddenly flew off the handle after he said something and started saying he was a rapist, a stalker and he should **** off to Rawmarsh and leave her alone. I had turned round to witness this verbal onslaught and the poor guy was standing there frightened to death. He was literally cowering and cringing as though he expected her to whack him one any second.
Good thing is the bus ride probably puts off most of the Rotherham nutters from making it all the way to Don Valley. But you never know who might turn up on the night.
First time I went to the DV was for the Paint Pot game which we lost 2-0. The only Rovrum fan I remember interacting with was a pleasant, generously bejugged young lass named Chantelle or some such thing who insisted on hugging me. After that the night went spectacularly downhill.

I thought it was an excellent film. I have never read the books so the disappointments in your review don't count for me. I agree on the final battle though, in the sense that I wanted to celebrate myself so it was a bit of a let down that nobody on screen was doing it.

The final battle all seemed a little rushed... I enjoyed the film otherwise. I wouldnt pay to watch it in 3D though, total waste of money.

Watched it Sunday with Maniac Jr. Nineteen pounds and fifteen pence. She loved it, which is what made it worth it. I, however, did not. That's to be expected though, since I'm not invested in the series in any way. I can see it's a good film, and I can see why it's loved by others, but I couldn't care less.

Big fan of the books and films, saw it tonight and thought it was great. But we don't get out to the cinema much these days, and I really can't believe we had to sit through 35 mins of trailers and ads. And a hefty price allround too.

Never read the books or showed any interest until my gf made me watch the 6th film, and I have to say that I really enjoyed it!

The 7th film was quite dull, but the 8th was quite exciting, well paced and all action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566