Hartley, Pressley and Thorarinsson latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Voice From Above

Hartley next in line after Pressley signs new deal

JOHN DOCHERTY

STEVEN Pressley, the Hearts captain, is expected to reveal today that he has signed a new two-year deal with the Tynecastle club, who have also offered midfielder Paul Hartley an improved contract.

Pressley’s agreement could extend to three years depending on first-team appearances. The news is a boost for head coach John Robertson, who has lost experienced first-team players Mark De Vries and Alan Maybury since succeeding Craig Levein.

Pressley, 31, whose current contract expires in the summer, has missed Hearts’ past four games with swollen glands, but is in line to make his comeback in the league match against Livingston at Tynecastle on Saturday.

Hartley, meanwhile, has been given two weeks to mull over the offer of a new two-and-a-half-year contract. The midfielder was the subject of a bid from Celtic during the January transfer window and even handed in a transfer request before the Parkhead side were scared off by Hearts’ £1million asking price.

Sergejus Fedotovas, the Tynecastle club’s interim chief executive, said: "We have had discussions with the player’s agent about a new contract for Paul Hartley. They asked for an increase of a certain amount and, while we didn’t meet that figure, we have offered a significant increase on his current contract.

"We gave him two weeks’ time to consider it and, if he decided that wasn’t for him, then we suggested we may come back to that issue at the end of the season."

He added: "We recognise that Paul is a very important and valuable player for us. And that has been mirrored by the offer of improved terms in addition to the increase in length of contract. He still has another year to run on his present deal after this season and we are hopeful he will sign a new contract with the club."

Hearts have also signed Icelandic striker Hjalmar Thorarinsson on a three-and-a-half-year deal.

CL has proved he (or at least someone on his staff) has an eye for players at a good price so even if he cannot go back to Hearts, there are plenty of other fish in the sea. :wink: ;-)

alex said:
Sod 'em, we got Kisnorbo....

who of course no one has actually seen play, thus could be good and equally likely, could be crap... let's hope CL has pulled another good'un off.

lcfcrules said:
alex said:

who of course no one has actually seen play, thus could be good and equally likely, could be crap... let's hope CL has pulled another good'un off.

From the comments made by Hearts fans coming on here, he's a donkey, but that may be jealousy.... (he crosses fingers...)

Doubt it. They were unanimous in their praise for Maybury, and he has proven them to be correct (when played at right back, instead of being wasted on the left)

They did, however, indicate that de Vries was a bit of a useless twonk

I'm saying nothing.....

Yes they were about Maybury - although our Alan Maybury is proving a great signing IMO, he needs to work on stopping wingers skinning him to get a cross in, ala Charlton and West Ham....

Well, as far as MDV goes, I reckon we're both right!!!!

I've seen Kisnorbo play a few times....Charges around a lot,lots of energy,100% commitment etc but not the most naturally gifted of players.He'll do OK for us IMO.

highland fox said:
I've seen Kisnorbo play a few times....Charges around a lot,lots of energy,100% commitment etc but not the most naturally gifted of players.He'll do OK for us IMO.

The one thing I'll grant you is that he is athletic. As for not being the most naturally gifted that is a massive understatement, when he attempts to trap a ball it ends up further than I can kick it. :D

Not a hint of jealousy on my part either. ;-)

I havn't got a clue what Kisnorbo is like but if he's committed... it's an improvement on some of the players we have in our squad now, but then Akinbiyi was committed I suppose.

Who-Izzet said:
I havn't got a clue what Kisnorbo is like but if he's committed... it's an improvement on some of the players we have in our squad now, but then Akinbiyi was committed I suppose.

Committed to memory thankfully.

alex said:

Sorry guys - "Skippy on Ice" was a complete waste of time at Hearts. No left foot, no ball control, no passing ability, yes will run around for 90 minutes but tends to ignore where the ball is!

Losing Maybury was a real blow but frankly we are amazed that Levein wants this plonker. I would give it 5 minutes on the park and there will be much scratching of heads at the Walker Stadium!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669