help, I-Pod

Status
Not open for further replies.

pds

i want to buy an i-pod as i like the idea about putting my whole music collection in one place.
but i know very little about how they work.
quick question, can i download music from my normal Cd's onto an i pod

I'm sure someone has got one and will be able to help. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

alrite mate i have an ipod myself, so if you give me a pm with all the q's u want to know then i will answer them for you-to answer your first question yes you can put songs from a cd onto ur ipod :smt023

A bloke at work got one that'll store 3,000 tracks at least...
why? :?
Daft fecker, doubt he could name more than 100... :roll:

The ipod is fairly limited compared to some of the alternatives, the battery is crap, it's overpriced and it won't play wma files (which rules out some of the download services).
For less money than an ipod you can get players with a bigger hard disk and better sound quality.

So you'd be better off looking at the alternatives, unless you want an ipod just for the name.

ipods are shit. They are just gimmicky pieces of tat. You are much better off getting an mp3 player that can play all formats of music files and also you'll get a better memory spec, better battery life and better sound for a better price.

my advice to anyone thinking of getting an ipod is don't be fooled by their snazzy adverts and the fact that every tom, dick and harry seems to have one.

Better options are available so don't be a lazy sod - get researching.

Well, you can't beat my lovely walkman

I can play all of my cassette tapes, and it never lets me down

homer said:
Well, you can't beat my lovely walkman

I can play all of my cassette tapes, and it never lets me down

Same here but I hide it inside my coat so that people can only see the ear plugs...

DurhamFox said:
I like my iPod and I think you are being horrid Joe.

Of course you like your ipod. If I had one I'd like it. But do you love it? I think you don't.

Joe_Fox said:
DurhamFox said:
I like my iPod and I think you are being horrid Joe.

Of course you like your ipod. If I had one I'd like it. But do you love it? I think you don't.

I love the fact I won it and didn't need to part with a penny.

webmaster said:
The ipod is fairly limited compared to some of the alternatives, the battery is crap, it's overpriced and it won't play wma files (which rules out some of the download services).
For less money than an ipod you can get players with a bigger hard disk and better sound quality.

So you'd be better off looking at the alternatives, unless you want an ipod just for the name.
typical response there webbo but...
1. the battery is not crap-on the screen it appears to go to the really low setting really quick, however once it does get there it lasts for ages
2. it may not play wma files but itunes can convert wmas into the correct file format
3. the sound quality is great

so before making criticisms at least have a go, because believe the hype the ipod is the best digital music player out there

drummindefender said:
webmaster said:

typical response there webbo but...
1. the battery is not crap-on the screen it appears to go to the really low setting really quick, however once it does get there it lasts for ages
2. it may not play wma files but itunes can convert wmas into the correct file format
3. the sound quality is great

so before making criticisms at least have a go, because believe the hype the ipod is the best digital music player out there

You ignored my comment that it's overpriced, I see.

The point I was making about wma files is that if they're protected files, which most downloads will be, you can't convert them to mp3, not without re-recording it, and itunes software can't do that.

The point about the battery was that it's not replaceable, and it's likely to die within a year or so if you use the ipod a lot. I think they've addressed thie problem on some of the newer models.

The ipod sells so well because of the marketing, there are better mp3 players available.

i don't think they are overpriced-find a digital music player with the same capacity of your standard ipod (20gb) and tell me what the price is-you can buy a 20gb ipod for 194.99 off amazon. Plus from reviews of the other music players in the market its well known that the software that they use is a bag of wank.

lazzer said:
my eight track is the business if not a little cumbersome

Mine too. I love my 8-track. What 8 track have you got Marco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669