Hereford Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what Jeff's view on the game is. His very honest report against Hull summed up the game perfectly.

You are probably going to have to wait awhile to get it - Jeff was staying overnight in Worcester last night.

You'll give a fair account of the match. Report?

Basically we did as much as we had to do against lower league opposition and never looked likely to lose. Elvis's goal was a cracker - back to the goal on the edge of the box, turned and fired it into the roof of the net.

Their goal was a bit unfortunate. Kisnorbo failed to clesar and let his man squirm away, although he would probably claim that he was being fouled. No doubt about the pen and it was only the fact that the man was moving away from the goal that prevented Conrad from seeing RED, rather than the YELLOW.

Hume didn't really do much in the home game but was very quick to grab the ball when Levi was brought down in the area. Again, no argument with the ref - scoring chance was definitely taken away by the foul. Stearman knocked his goal in from close range (altough it was probably going in even before he touched it) and then made an extraordinary performance with his shirt and exhorted us to read the name on his back.

I'm sure everybody knows now that Hammond was not sent off - I can't even remember any kind of an incident where anybody could have even thought he had been sent off. No argument with Kisnorbo's RED card though - not becuse I saw the offence, but because Kisnorbo himself din't argue. He went straight, only posing to tell the other bloke involved in the incident that he was going straight into the home changing room to piss in his bath.

Nice to see that a team comprising mainly our second-strings could see them off without too much bother. I wouldn't really say that anybody stood out amongst the players.

I was a bit concerned when I heard that Wesolowski was one of only three players who had retained their places - I would have thought he could do with a bit of a rest between games. He seemed to collapse to the floor about 10 minutes from the end when a Hereford player was getting treatment, leaving many City fans thinking, "Not again!!"

Conrad Logan can certainly get in the way of some shots. Did well with several blocks, particularly in the second half. No chance with the penalty but was clumsy to have given it away in the first place. And, my god - he can certainly kick a ball!!

Porter zipping about all over the place, but like Weslowski, he did tire in the second half.

Hume disappointing, particularly when you consider he was first choice at the start of the season.

All the others worked hard without being spectacular.

Good altmosphere from the 578 City fans who were at the game. I reckon you could have got 5 in the toilets if somebody didn't mind pissing in the sink!

Good report Boc, do you recon 'Ian Dowie' should be given a go in goal on Saturday, everytime I have seen him I have not been impressed, but it sounds like he has come on leaps and bounds.

Basically we did as much as we had to do against lower league opposition and never looked likely to lose. Elvis's goal was a cracker - back to the goal on the edge of the box, turned and fired it into the roof of the net.

Their goal was a bit unfortunate. Kisnorbo failed to clesar and let his man squirm away, although he would probably claim that he was being fouled. No doubt about the pen and it was only the fact that the man was moving away from the goal that prevented Conrad from seeing RED, rather than the YELLOW.

Hume didn't really do much in the home game but was very quick to grab the ball when Levi was brought down in the area. Again, no argument with the ref - scoring chance was definitely taken away by the foul. Stearman knocked his goal in from close range (altough it was probably going in even before he touched it) and then made an extraordinary performance with his shirt and exhorted us to read the name on his back.

I'm sure everybody knows now that Hammond was not sent off - I can't even remember any kind of an incident where anybody could have even thought he had been sent off. No argument with Kisnorbo's RED card though - not becuse I saw the offence, but because Kisnorbo himself din't argue. He went straight, only posing to tell the other bloke involved in the incident that he was going straight into the home changing room to piss in his bath.

Nice to see that a team comprising mainly our second-strings could see them off without too much bother. I wouldn't really say that anybody stood out amongst the players.

I was a bit concerned when I heard that Wesolowski was one of only three players who had retained their places - I would have thought he could do with a bit of a rest between games. He seemed to collapse to the floor about 10 minutes from the end when a Hereford player was getting treatment, leaving many City fans thinking, "Not again!!"

Conrad Logan can certainly get in the way of some shots. Did well with several blocks, particularly in the second half. No chance with the penalty but was clumsy to have given it away in the first place. And, my god - he can certainly kick a ball!!

Porter zipping about all over the place, but like Weslowski, he did tire in the second half.

Hume disappointing, particularly when you consider he was first choice at the start of the season.

All the others worked hard without being spectacular.

Good altmosphere from the 578 City fans who were at the game. I reckon you could have got 5 in the toilets if somebody didn't mind pissing in the sink!

Would you like to see Elvis start on Saturday with Fryatt?

do you recon 'Ian Dowie' should be given a go in goal on Saturday, everytime I have seen him I have not been impressed, but it sounds like he has come on leaps and bounds.

He has come in leaps and bounds, but I would stick with Henderson at the moment. Perhaps Conrad can teach Henderson how to kick a ball!

Would you like to see Elvis start on Saturday with Fryatt?

I would start Fryatt and Chris O'Grady.

The real concern is what we are going to do about Kisnorbo's abscence. Do we play McAuley? Or Stearamn in the middle? Or do we bring Nissa inside and play Maybury at left-back. I think I would go for the latter option.

Last edited:
He has come in leaps and bounds, but I would stick with Henderson at the moment. Perhaps Conrad can teach Henderson how to kick a ball!

The real concern is what we are going to do about Kisnorbo's abscence. Do we play McAuley? Or Stearamn in the middle? Or do we bring Nissa inside and play Maybury at left-back. I think I would go for the latter option.

I would think kenton will play CB and Stearman or Maybury will play RB.

Kenton could be another option...

What time did you get home last night Boc?

I didn't - at midnight it changed to 'this morning' and I needed 4 of this morning's hours to complete my journey.

Perhaps we shouldn't have gone to the chip shop and the pub before setting off back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669