Speculation Heskey - Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Emile deserves his own rumours thread since it will no doubt keep coming up!

I wouldn't be surprised if he's back here for next season. I think Pearson will want a big man to replace Howard.

Apart from his half a season with us in 95-96, scored all his goals in the Prem at a striking rate of about 1 every four games.

Never actually thought of him as a target man, except in so much as in that first season at the top level, Walshy, Spencer and the like could hoof the ball as hard as they could upfield, and take a breather as Emile at least made sure it didn't come back in a hurry.

Please God no.

No doubt many mongs would be over the moon if this happenedd though.

Please no - let's not get too emotional about our local boy....we don't need him unless he is prepared to be a squad player on low wages. He is injured way too often and couldn't score in a brothel.

I'm not sure Dawkins would like you presenting him as a kind of alternative to God in that way. That kind of defeats the purpose of humanism. He wants people to think for themselves and use reason and logic to guide their judgements, and follow evidence-based inquiry. Ultimately, it is this manner of thinking that has led me to the conclusion that Emile Heskey should not return to Leicester City Football Club. Other fans, of course, would be delighted.

Emile has previously stated that he would like to finish his playing days at Leicester, so knowing he won't get a new contract @ Villa, it's no surprise his agent is making sure Nigel clearly knows he is available & keen to come, now it just depends

a) If Nigel wants him at all
b) If Nigel does then & he knows Emile is very keen to come, then a lower wage/appearance based deal could be achieved in comparison to another similar player
and less tangible, will he be considered "a big name" back in Thailand (would hope this is a low consideration factor)

It's all well and good for Heskey to say he'd like to end his career here, but isn't that a little insulting at the same time? 'I'm not good enough for the PL any more, no-one else really wants me, so I'll go back to my hometown club'. It's the assumption that we'd definitely want him back that rankles.

I personally wouldn't want him to come back, he'd cost too much in wages and would probably only feature intermittently due to his fitness issues. If he was a few years younger, maybe. I think maybe two or three seasons ago he would have been a great target man in the championship, but I think now, at 34, he's had his day and we need to be looking to the future rather than the past.

This is also my take on the situation. We shouldn't just have him back for sentimental reasons. This club is enough of a joke already. We need to be as ruthless as possible in terms of who features in next season's squad.

Good memories helped us out when we were skint (unlike that orange bastard humperdink) but not now no thanks. Dont think NP would any more these Sven style signings.

Please no - let's not get too emotional about our local boy....we don't need him unless he is prepared to be a squad player on low wages. He is injured way too often and couldn't score in a brothel.

when was the last time you were in a brothel ?

not sure how bad his injury record is over recent seasons. not sure how bad his recent injury record is but as far as prem cast off target men are concerned, roberts seemed to do well at reading but he is probably a bit more mobile than emile. i wonder if the money he gave when we were in admin entitles him to come back !!

It's all well and good for Heskey to say he'd like to end his career here, but isn't that a little insulting at the same time? 'I'm not good enough for the PL any more, no-one else really wants me, so I'll go back to my hometown club'.

Maybe he means Ratby & Groby Juniors?

If he signedunfortunately we would be subjected to horrendous jokes regarding his scoring defficiences etc, however as for as im concerned he helped the club when we were at our lowest, was part of our best team in recent history, and the fact that the majority of his England strike partners list him as their preferred playing partner suggests he could be a great foil for a prolific scorer, especially in this league

If he signed unfortunately we would be subjected to horrendous jokes regarding his scoring defficiences etc, however as for as im concerned he helped the club when we were at our lowest, was part of our best team in recent history, and the fact that the majority of his England strike partners list him as their preferred playing partner suggests he could be a great foil for a prolific scorer, especially in this league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566