Hinckley United

Status
Not open for further replies.

The embargo has been put in place again until the club repays the debt to the Inland Revenue on January 27th.

What's the Inland Revenue? They were last seen shuffling westwards almost four years ago!

I was interested to see that this embargo is a result of not paying 'the taxman'. Does that happen in the Prem and the Football League? I thought embargoes were usually put in place as a result of clubs not paying what they owe to other clubs in respect of transfer fees etc.

Doesn't sound too bad if it's just a few back payment needed.

Saying that, it's going brilliantly well on the pitch, haven't lost in the league since mid-October, 3rd with 2 games in hand. I've seen them a couple of times this season, and they look very good indeed. Could turn out to be their best season in the CN yet!

What's the Inland Revenue? They were last seen shuffling westwards almost four years ago!

I was interested to see that this embargo is a result of not paying 'the taxman'. Does that happen in the Prem and the Football League? I thought embargoes were usually put in place as a result of clubs not paying what they owe to other clubs in respect of transfer fees etc.

I believe Notts County have a transfer embargo as they owe money to HMRC. Not sure if they owe money to other clubs though.

Last edited:

Doesn't sound too bad if it's just a few back payment needed.

Saying that, it's going brilliantly well on the pitch, haven't lost in the league since mid-October, 3rd with 2 games in hand. I've seen them a couple of times this season, and they look very good indeed. Could turn out to be their best season in the CN yet!

The problem is they haven't got any money. F E Downes, the owners building company, went to the wall just before Christmas and the club is in trouble as well now.

Downes the building firm apparently had six months of not paying their staff! ...................

I know people that weren't paid for 21 weeks.

What's the Inland Revenue?
yeah Brown merged IR and Customs & Excise to HMRC...with a resounding lack of success

my understanding is that the Premiership/Conference/whatever can act on behalf of creditors to get them paid and stave off them forcing the club into bankrupcy

I have to say, it's the worst story topping I've ever seen :icon_lol:

The difference being mine his fact, hazzers in speculation.

£200,000 ?

The Conference are acting upon HMRC's threat to force them into receivership...

in the event of bankrupcy, HMRC are top of the list for creditors (as they were at city)

heard about F E Downes going under, doesn't sound good

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....collapses/article-1612021-detail/article.html

I can't see how HUFC can continue for much longer unless they find a buyer and i really can't see who will buy them.

The difference being mine his fact, hazzers in speculation.

I can't see how HUFC can continue for much longer unless they find a buyer and i really can't see who will buy them.

Depends on the price, im not flush at the moment but could be tempted.

:018: Almost five years.

I'm constantly living in the past - though not as far in the past as the person who does the Hinckley website, it seems.

I know people that weren't paid for 21 weeks.

If I hadn't been paid for 21 weeks, I wouldn't have been making much of an effort in the last 20 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669