Post Match Hinckley Utd 1 Leicester 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Futacs ... very few defenders would want him bearing down on them at his top speed somewhere in the penalty box

yes, but by the sounds of it, this will only occur after a five minute run in a stright line

Was very impressed with the youth last night. Especially Moore. Vardy and Nugent looked to link very well and wouldn't be surprised if they were the starting front two next season. Kennedy looked average IMO. Waghorn looked sharp and Futacs appeared to have a good touch but his mobility was shocking, although as a 6 foot 5 target man, that's understandable. I was impressed with De Laet as well.

A few notes from last night for those who weren't there:

Hinckley goalie wouldn't have caught a cold in the first half if someone had sneezed in his face.
De Laet is very quick. This may be the secret to time travel, because his haircut was from the RAF's list of approved styles from 1941. He also bears a striking resemblance to Tintin, and he's Belgian, so that's what I'll be calling him from now on.
Futacs has a turning circle roughly similar to the smallest class of oil tanker. Decent control though. Already looks like an upgrade from Steve Howard.
James looked decent with the ball, seems very alert too.
Pernis has a very rough voice and shouts a lot.
Marshall looked very lively and fit, and took his goal well.
Vardy has a lovely first touch.
Nugent looked in very good shape.

Thanks for that. Nice to get some insight.

Just watched the highlights. Was it Marshall that played it through for Nugent? And for Vardy?

He's going to be a star this season, hope we can keep him!

De Laet is very quick. This may be the secret to time travel, because his haircut was from the RAF's list of approved styles from 1941.

I'd have said that he looks more like one of the blokes who were driving the planes on the other side, myself.

Thanks for that. Nice to get some insight.

Just watched the highlights. Was it Marshall that played it through for Nugent? And for Vardy?

He's going to be a star this season, hope we can keep him!

Our most exciting signing for some time in my opinion, really looking forward to seeing him this season

Nielsen and Neilson's first friendly made it quite plain to me that neither of them should be earning a living as a professional football player.

I'm glad no one is making similar observations about this summer's signings.

No. The black guy in the right-back position who played the ball forward for Vardy's goal was not Ben Marshall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670