Hoddle

Status
Not open for further replies.
alex said:
'Hiiitcheeeendellmmmm Actiballlyyyyvotejfutosserssssundum'?
that's just a long name..

BOB

that's a big name.

alex said:
Of course.....What else? Philosopher? Up your bum.

Caption round coming up

at least he would play 3-5-2 which i believe our personnel are more suited to.

comes with a lot of baggage. how good have his buys on a budget been?

better option than megson.

SamJ

Joe_Fox said:
alex said:
I disagree - I think he would be an excellent manager.

You reckon? I think he would attract some big name players but am unsure he would be a loyal manager, etc.

It's a sad fact that loyalty is low priority these days. People move to better themselves - in football, in business, even in family life.

Is the forum full of people who've stayed loyal to one job, one firm, one wife?

The way to keep top people (if Hoddle or anyone else proves themselves to be a top person) is to make the club big enough to be worthy of them.

Of course it takes time, but to some extent its about ambition and leadership. Middlesbrough, Bolton are becoming bigger, better clubs and you can hardly say they are better placed than us.

People forget we are mid-country 90 minutes from London, close to three airports, excellent motorways and have a decent fan base. There's plenty to build on but it does take vision, belief and directed hard work.

I don't think Hoddle's man management skills are up to being a really great boss - it's an increasingly rare and difficult skill - but it would probably be a better than many we've mentioned. His apparent arrogance
is also a hindrance.

As a brilliant footballer, people would forgive him most things. Sadly he's in no way proved himself a brilliant manager so modesty and humility might serve him better even if its alien to him.

Meanwhile, there's still this nagging question in my mind about whether Bassett/Wilkinson might just adjust their thinking enough to take us forward. Both are probably in the last chance saloon and that can make for "desperate" or determined measures.

They've shown signs of an attacking philosophy - they just don't seem to have shaken off the fears that prevent em really BELIEVING in attack.

It's in the mind...

i think he would be superb for us,this club is crying out for someone like him. and here are my reasons.

1.we will be playing attractive football.

2.he is well known all around the world,and will have no trouble attracting good players.

3.more money;the fans will come flocking back causing a knock on effect through merchandise,sponsorship,sky t.v[they will show us more through being good to watch]

no disrespect to your megsons and your holloways,but they will never be household names,in hoddle the sky is the limit for us,and he will take us forward

I cannot believe that somebody who was good enough to manage England (for more than 1 game before anyone mentions PT), and was only sacked for non football reasons, also has proven track record at Premiership and division 1 level, plays good football, is also a big name who will command respect and act as a magnet to better players is now suddenly not deemed good enough to manage Leicester City.

Please will the doubters tell me why we shouldnt hire this man, and who do get instead - Newell, Penney, Holloway etc all managers with little or no experience at this level let alone at the games highest levels.

Come on show some ambition Hoddle would be a massive appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669