Holding out

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry

It looks as if city chairman Taylor and maybe other directors are holding out hoping that another offer on an investment only basis will come along so that they don't have to accept the Milan offer. As I have said many times it may be that these so called city fans are only interested in saving their own position within the club.

I suspect very few of them are true city fans at all, more like a bunch of boys with a new toy and they don't want anyone else coming along and taking it off them. They may yet cock it up........................

Article from the LM today.
Leicester City will put Milan Mandaric's takeover bid to their shareholders next week - but they are continuing to explore "alternatives."

City chairman Andrew Taylor, while confirming that Mandaric's offer is the only one on the table for consideration, says other as yet unconfirmed options may have to be looked at.
Taylor said: "The perception that this is the only option open to us is thoroughly misleading and extremely unhelpful.

"His (Mandaric's) is the only bid on the table, but you have to remember that we were out there talking to credible third parties about an investment in the football club, including existing investors.

"A week is a long time in football and I am pretty convinced that, in the next week or so, we will have alternatives.

"It should be said we have enjoyed very good discussions with Mr Mandaric, he is straightforward, very easy to deal with and has a very good track record as an owner of football clubs over the past 30 years.

"But we have to do the right thing for Leicester City's stakeholders, by that I mean supporters and investors, short and medium term.

"Hopefully, we will have more information in the next week or so and the shareholders will be polled on this (Mandaric's bid) in the next 10 days or so."

Mandaric's assertion yesterday that the shareholders will get all their investment back under his deal appeared to remove yet another obstacle to his £25million bid finding favor.

However, I understand it is the scheduling of the re-imbursement, either up front or in stages, which is one of the areas under discussion.

Whether any of those options mentioned by Taylor actually come to anything is impossible to verify, so shareholders will find themselves with a 'bird in the hand' scenario. The only "alternative" City could offer the shareholders would be another concrete bid, and that is unlikely.

Taylor said: "My expectation is that, at some stage over the next week or so, we will meet with Mr Mandaric again.

"He has made his bid, we have talked to him about the details of the bid, he is reflecting on what we said. I am sure he will call me soon.

"We are negotiating a potential deal and it is running in parallel with us scoping other options. We are at a delicate stage at the moment."

All the Directors are City fans and I doubt they are looking to save their own positions. They would have alot of angry fans against them if that was the case. Don't forget these men saved us 3 years ago and there was an ideal opportunity for outside investors to come in then but they didn't so I think they deserve some credit for not rushing into what is an exrtemely important decision for the club not just the shareholders.

I suspect theyd rather retain control and are hoping for a 'cash injection' to allow them to do so.

EDIT - im not in favour of the above

Last edited:
So why are they even discussing unconfimed offers if not to persuade shareholders not to vote for mandaric. They should put his offer to the shareholders as the only one available. Not wait until they are in a position to tell other would be investors what his offer was and give them time to come up with an alternative. The whole thing is beginning to smell to me.

But that runs counter vto all the statements they have made over the last few months that they believe the existing structure has reached its limits and they have been looking for something new. It was the reason the new chairman was brought in. Why say it and why court all these various people if they didn't want to change things?

That has been posted umpteen times over the last week or so, but i guess some people just find conspiracy theories more comforting

But that runs counter vto all the statements they have made over the last few months that they believe the existing structure has reached its limits and they have been looking for something new. It was the reason the new chairman was brought in. Why say it and why court all these various people if they didn't want to change things?

That has been posted umpteen times over the last week or so, but i guess some people just find conspiracy theories more comforting

I dont recall them saying that at all.....

Well I'm not going to trawl all over the acres of words that have been spilled on this subject to remind you!

So why are they even discussing unconfimed offers if not to persuade shareholders not to vote for mandaric. They should put his offer to the shareholders as the only one available. Not wait until they are in a position to tell other would be investors what his offer was and give them time to come up with an alternative. The whole thing is beginning to smell to me.

Because they have been seeking other investments. The other 3rd parties are probably playing a waiting game or may not be able to match what Mandaric has to offer. It's not something you rush into.

Remember that it was reported on this forum that a potential bidder was doing due dilligence at the club last week. That bidder would only have been allowed to do so if a serious offer was likely to be forthcoming. The board have every right to await that offer. Bear in mind also, that I would doubt that Mandy has actually put a bid in in writing yet - he has been quoted as saying he hasn't done due dilligence yet, which could change any indicative offer he has put forward. The upshot of what I am saying is, is that it is more than likely that there are no bids to actually put to the shareholders yet. I would suspect that in about a week there will be two bids on the table - then it is time for the shareholders to decide.

Last edited:
I have a great deal of respect for the shareholders who 3 years ago effectively saved the club. 3 years ago we were crying out from support from these people who helped us in our time of need ..... BUT

I'd hate to think now that they are hanging on for an offer that is better for them and not the club. If they are real fans then they should let this deal go through. It is for the good of the club. MM is a man who has been there and done it on a football ownership level.

If they walk away now having helped us and got their cash back they can walk away with their heads held high with the fans full respect

IF they mess it up then they'll be hated and will be forced out rather than to walk away with dignity

They'll be chaos if he walks away and goes elsewhere. we are fortunate to have such an offer

Is there firm evidence that a potential bidder was doing due dilligence at the club. How come the club are willing to discuss Mandarics offer without him having done due dilligence, but unwilling to discuss another potential bidder who is already going through that process.

They'll be chaos if he walks away and goes elsewhere. we are fortunate to have such an offer

But bear in mind we don't know what the offer entails. The board have an indicative offer and will have a final one once Mandy has done due diligence. He will only walk away if the shareholders deem his bid unsuitable - then the full details will come out. But they may well accept it - the problem nobody knows what that bid will be, and I suspect Mandy doesn't either, not until he has done his due dilligence.

Is there firm evidence that a potential bidder was doing due dilligence at the club. How come the club are willing to discuss Mandarics offer without him having done due dilligence, but unwilling to discuss another potential bidder who is already going through that process.

Because Mandy is conducting most of his negotiations through the press - the club have every right to comment, and to be fair, the fans would be up in arms if they didn't. The other potential bidders have chosen not to conduct their affairs through the press, and as such I would guess the club owe them a degree of confidentiality. If they make a bid, then details will be made public. Either way, I think we will have a firm indication of what the final outcome is likely to be by the end of next week. Chill out people, and cheer the lads on Saturday.

But bear in mind we don't know what the offer entails. The board have an indicative offer and will have a final one once Mandy has done due diligence. He will only walk away if the shareholders deem his bid unsuitable - then the full details will come out. But they may well accept it - the problem nobody knows what that bid will be, and I suspect Mandy doesn't either, not until he has done his due dilligence.

fair comment:038:

They are courting all potential offers because that is the sensible thing to do, hopefully providing the board / shareholders with a range of offers from which to choose the best one.

Can only be good for the club imo if there are more genuine potential buyers waiting in the wings. If it was only MM, he might withdraw his offer and we'll be back to the skint club syndrome that we currently are. At least with others being involved surely the club will have better prospects in the coming year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669