Holidays With Children - Not All Inclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

camberwell fox

Hi All,

I was just wondering whether anyone would be able to help with advice/experience of where to go on holiday in Europe at a decent price in early August?

Must have's:
Swimming pool.
Hot weather.
Near village to walk to in the evening for food (as a family).
Near a beach.

Must not be:
All inclusive.
Very large hotel (over 100 rooms).
18-30 style.

Really want somewhere where two adults plus children (6 and 1) can relax/play by the pool.

Budget - no more than £2k.

Hi All,

I was just wondering whether anyone would be able to help with advice/experience of where to go on holiday in Europe at a decent price in early August?

Must have's:
Swimming pool.
Hot weather.
Near village to walk to in the evening for food (as a family).
Near a beach.

Must not be:
All inclusive.
Very large hotel (over 100 rooms).
18-30 style.

Really want somewhere where two adults plus children (6 and 1) can relax/play by the pool.

Budget - no more than £2k.
Crete? Although Turkey should be quite cheap after the happenings lately....

Just out of curiosity, why not all-inclusive?
I've been a couple of times and unfortunately seen the worst of it - people slinging as much booze down their throats all day, and so on.

I'm sure there are much better experiences to be had and if you have any to recommend I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

I've been a couple of times and unfortunately seen the worst of it - people slinging as much booze down their throats all day, and so on.

I'm sure there are much better experiences to be had and if you have any to recommend I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
We've just returned from a week in Kos at the all Inc. Holiday village. Really relaxed friendly atmosphere and didn't see one pissed person all week. To be fair, the all Inc. Booze was quite watered down/weak, I'd imagine to aid in this aspect but everyone was chilled and happy. Cost us 1600 for 2 adults 1 kids but booked just after Xmas.

Only downside is Kos airport is a ****ing shit-heap.

Also, there are holiday villages across Europe so some may offer cheaper alternatives for similar experience. The people we talked to who'd done a few said Rhodes is the best but more expensive but all seem to follow a similar set up.

If you fancy Menorca my daughter is working at a Thomson Holiday village at Cala'N Bosch and they have a few choices see below.
She's on the Entertainment but gets a day off each week and some of the views of the place and area look very good. It's good for kids too a family friend has just been out there with her young daughter and had a good time.

http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/spain/menorca/calan-bosch/holidays-calan-bosch.html?im_id=PPC&s_kwcid=AL!3093!3!81087430569!e!!g!!cala'n bosch&device=m&gclid=CKOBwYDXjM4CFaEW0wodUIAMVg

Thanks.
I only asked as, in my experience, all inclusive, with kids, takes a lot of hassle away.

I will admit that I'm a bit snobby about these things though and am particularly picky about where we go and, as a result, often end up spending a fair whack on holidays, but I see it as money well spent, to avoid the situation you describe (thankfully I've never really come across it).

Started going 'all-inclusive' when the kids were very young and still go now even though the kids are grown and no longer go with us. The best of these are over in the Caribbean although any 'RIU' hotel in Europe is OK too. Bargains can be had but I'd avoid anything less than 3 star plus. Worst type of AI is the hotels that only cater for Brits though thankfully they are pretty rare.

Pefkos was very nice when we went, quite a few years ago now though.

lot's of nice little restaurants and a very nice beach.

We tend to go for family friendly hotels and AI with our 6 year old. AI is SOOOOOOOO much easier especially if your kids are fussy/picky eaters. For us AI is a must but we always go for 4*+. Holiday Villages are good, we've been to the Turkey one twice and the old Majorca one (can still go there but not classed as a HV). Plus it depends on whether your kids would go to Kids Clubs(a big HV draw), they're great purely because you get a couple hours peace - but it'll be the quickest 2hrs of the day :). Thomson's do Family Life holidays - like Holiday Villages, you can end up paying more but you get the kids clubs and the all-day entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363