Holloway Still Positive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ausfoxman

That headline just about sums up the man because he is just about on his own and common sense would tell most people not to make ridiculous public statement, like the one earlier in the week about the team now losing the 'wobbles' as soon as I read that I knew that we were doomed on Saturday. Smell the roses Holloway you have managed to just about relegate a team with one of the strongest squads in the Championship, well done. I am gutted, I have supported Leicester since 1968 when I moved to Leicester for about 5 years an I can not recall a worse Manager or team performances. Maybe next season will see a true rebuilding of this magnificent club, preferably without Holloway or Manaric.

TBF to Holloway, he has to remain positive, he has to believe he can get us safe, and I still belive that will happen.

I don't expect Southampton to get two points from their last two games, neither does Holloway, so of course he's positive. I'd be more upset if Holloway said he had given up hope and thought we would get relegated.

TBF to Holloway, he has to remain positive, he has to believe he can get us safe, and I still belive that will happen.

I don't expect Southampton to get two points from their last two games, neither does Holloway, so of course he's positive. I'd be more upset if Holloway said he had given up hope and thought we would get relegated.

You are right, of course, in reality it is the only thing Holloway can say. If he said that we were already relegated at this point then he would be effectively resigning.

I differ with you on Southampton. They are another deeply sick club like us but I think that they will manage at least a further 2 points and we will fold at Stoke.

Has it occured to you that Holloway might retain his job if we get relegated on the basis that he is a League 1 standard manager whereas if we stay up, surely no responsible owner could give him license to continue with his sub-standard work.

Has it occured to you that Holloway might retain his job if we get relegated on the basis that he is a League 1 standard manager whereas if we stay up, surely no responsible owner could give him license to continue with his sub-standard work.
It has, yes.

It's also occured to me that Milan is a fan of the fans. In his misguided mind, I also he feel he thinks if we get relegated, we'll win a few more, and in the eyes of him and the fans, that will totally justify the oppointment and the subsequent commitment and loyalty shown towards Holloway.

There's a good chance Soton will beat Sheff UTD at home I think personally.

A lot might depend on the attitude and availability of James Beattie. He is the far-and-away Sheffield United top-scorer - nine goals in the last nine games before yesterday - 22 goals in the season (next best is 4).

Will he want to score a goal that might send his old club down? Fortunately (or unfortunately) we may never find out; he limped off with what looked like a hamstring injury after just three minutes yesterday.

I certainly don't see a Sheffield United victory as a foregone conclusion.

Last edited:
It has, yes.

It's also occured to me that Milan is a fan of the fans. In his misguided mind, I also he feel he thinks if we get relegated, we'll win a few more, and in the eyes of him and the fans, that will totally justify the oppointment and the subsequent commitment and loyalty shown towards Holloway.

The first manager to take us down to a level we've never been at before despite having a large squad of capable players and money to spend, should be loathed and despised by all who call themselves City fans. Regardless of his merits as a human being. It's just not forgiveable.

Ditto the owner and the players. They will be marked for life with it as far as I'm concerned. The exact opposite of the England 66 squad, for example.

Twatlor/Wise etc look positively Saintly in comparison.

Quite Boc, Sheff Utd without Beattie? Not the prospect Soton need to fear that much.

A lot might depend on the attitude and availability of James Beattie. He is the far-and-away Sheffield United top-scorer - nine goals in the last nine games before yesterday - 22 goals in the season (next best is 4).

Will he want to score a goal that might send his old club down? Fortunately (or unfortunately) we may never find out; he limped off with what looked like a hamstring injury after just three minutes yesterday.

Denis Law comes to mind there Boc

Last edited:
The first manager to take us down to a level we've never been at before despite having a large squad of capable players and money to spend, should be loathed and despised by all who call themselves City fans. Regardless of his merits as a human being. It's just not forgiveable.

Ditto the owner and the players. They will be marked for life with it as far as I'm concerned. The exact opposite of the England 66 squad, for example.

Great post BN :038:

He should be despised. IMO he is doing a far worse job than Peter Taylor ever did. What's the difference?

He should be despised. IMO he is doing a far worse job than Peter Taylor ever did. What's the difference?

There are more than a few folk who believe the decline actually started with Taylor. (Some feel MO'N was to blame but that is another debate.)

There are more than a few folk who believe the decline actually started with Taylor. (Some feel MO'N was to blame but that is another debate.)
We have achieved promotion and played Premier League football since Taylor left. We fcuked it up.

Last edited:

I have never heard anybody say that MO'N was to blame - but it is easy to show that the club began its downward spiral while he was still the manager.

And talking about PT, I had to share the greater part of my journey home with Wycombe fans last night - not a pleasant reminder!

Last edited:

The difference is that Peter Taylor inherited a strong team with established team spirit, fighing qualities, leaders on the pitch and individual quality which had delivered trophies through the spine of the team.

The difference is that Peter Taylor inherited a strong team with established team spirit, fighing qualities, leaders on the pitch and individual quality which had delivered trophies through the spine of the team.
He did. But he was playing Premier League football against Premier League superstars.

Not defending him because he was shite, but now we've got a Manager who is playing in the second tier, with a few players who have been playing Premier League football only just last season, and a few who have been playing it this season.

Taylor (and Elsom) ruined a lot of the foundations laid by MON.

But under Adams we had very nearly recovered - the season we got relegated we would have stayed up if all the games had ended after 85 minutes!!!
How many points did we lose in those last 5 minutes???

If we'd have stayed up that year there's every chance we could still be there...

I don't blame our current position to anything other than the last couple of seasons and the majority of the blame for me is firmly in one place...

Yes - it's all very well people talking about deep seated problems in the club and that this has been going on for years, but this is all froth.

Anyone who has been involved in team sports at any level knows that it's mainly about the quality and motivation of the actual players - and of course the person who picks them and organises them. The idiot Holloway has a squad that would be the envy of many clubs in that league, but they are usually unmotivated and he has to take a large slice of the blame along with greedy, under-performing players who in the main don't feel any identity with Leicester and are only interested in themselves.

If West Brom beat Southampton then we wouldn't need a Sheff Utd victory just a draw would see us safe.IMO thats all we can hope for because we have no chance of beating Stoke and little chance of getting a point.

Quite Boc, Sheff Utd without Beattie? Not the prospect Soton need to fear that much.

you could swap beatties name for kevin phillips tomorrow he did play for saints as well, but sheff utd are still in with a shout of the play offs and if beattie is fit he will play but not only that but blackwell will want to win to boost his chances of getting the job permanently, i think a lot depends on how the saints do at wba tomorrow night with the sheff utd game

Did they not win yesterday without Beattie?

Sheff Utd are on a roll, I'm actually a bit more worried they might get a crazy result (much like ours) against West Brom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00