Holloway Tenders Resignation - Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect the Plymouth board have turned down the approach from LCFC and Holloway is trying to break the impasse by tendering his resignation. A resignation like this without any other developments is highly unusual so you can only assume that contact between the clubs is not going well.

I doubt it is just about compo. I suspect Plymouth wanted to, and did, turn LCFC down but felt duty bound to let Holloway know of LCFCs' approach (especially if he asked them outright if LCFC had made contact given the press rumours). At that point he probably thought this is a way forward. We're going to get some bitter recrimminations from Plymouth in the press over this. But I doubt the press will be falling all over themselves over this matter. In the scheme of footballing news - it's hardly big news.

Last edited:
Just watched East Midlands Today, the reporter was outside of the ground. He said he understood things may have changed, and Holloway could be heading for talks tomorrow - indicating that maybe a deal has been agreed ??

MM will be eager to get this wrapped up, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's chucked some more money at them.

Just watched East Midlands Today, the reporter was outside of the ground. He said he understood things may have changed, and Holloway could be heading for talks tomorrow - indicating that maybe a deal has been agreed ??

MM will be eager to get this wrapped up, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's chucked some more money at them.

Holloway's resignation makes it inevitable that a deal will be struck - there's no turning back now. But I think it is soley Holloway's resignation that has brought his arrival here - one can only conclude Plymouth would not let go so he walked. Normally things would be announced via the clubs, there wouldn't be a manager resignation.

Holloway's gamble must have been that if Plymouth sue him for walking out, then LCFC will pick up the tab (presumably agreed in private between agent and MM). Recognising this Plymouth will probably now strike out a compo deal direct with the club recognising the realities of the situation without going into expensive and unnecessary legal action.

Last edited:
Very disturbing.
Is there no shame to these managers.
Plymouth Herald
13 Nov 07
"Ask anybody who knows me how I feel about Plymouth Argyle and they will tell you the truth.

"If you need me to say it again, I'm in love with the place. It's absolutely magnificent.

"Ask my players who I'm trying to talk into staying here how Ian Holloway feels about Plymouth Argyle. I think they will tell you the truth.

"It's all poppycock, if I'm allowed to use that word. It's absolutely pathetic.

I wish managers would think before they open there mouths.
His credibility has to be questionable.

So does anybody really know what's going on. I'm getting confused. One minute it's definitely Holloway and then the next he's denying it and so is Milan. Why would they both deny it if it were really true? The whole thing is starting to annoy me. Is it too much to ask for folks to be honest in their dealings these days? If Holloway does come here how could we trust him after all the denials. Come to think of it if MM has denied it and it turns out to be true then why should we trust him? :icon_conf

So does anybody really know what's going on. I'm getting confused. One minute it's definitely Holloway and then the next he's denying it and so is Milan. Why would they both deny it if it were really true? The whole thing is starting to annoy me. Is it too much to ask for folks to be honest in their dealings these days? If Holloway does come here how could we trust him after all the denials. Come to think of it if MM has denied it and it turns out to be true then why should we trust him? :icon_conf

I think you are getting confused, both parties denied it last week/early this week, which was to be expected and always happens, though this time in some people opinions they were a bit to strenuous.

Since then both parties have admitted their interest and Holloway has handed in his resignation.

Patience dear boy, and thine lord will deliver unto us a Holloway

can't think of any great songs yet

olly olly olly

holloway way way holloway way way holloway holloway (to playaway, well i remember it)

and of course Gwen Stefani's

ain't no Holloway girl, ain't no Holloway

oh no, hold on, how about Madonna?

Holloway.....celebrate

If we took a Holloway
Took some time to celebrate
Just one day out of life
It would be, it would be so nice

suitable daft i think

His books taking a review-bashing as of yesterday.

Love this one:
Don't buy it, don't fund the greedy one, he has all the cash he needed from his new best friend. If you have a copy, bring it to Leicester in February, let's build a bonfire. We have our very own Guy Fawkes, burn the traitor.

Or this one by someone who has never heard of ToppsTiles!

If this man is about to become the new manager of your football club please take everything that is written in this book about loyalty, honesty and integrity with a very large pinch of salt. The sponsors of his new club may even provide it in a little blue bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669