Holloway to learn fate on Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are the two things mutually exclusive? There seems to be a number of people on this board who almost pride themselves on wanting poor football. Our two most successful managersin living memory:Jimmy Bloomfield and Martin O'Neill, both played entertaining football: why don't you think our club is capable of producing a manager and team to do so now?

Really? I thought at times we were like a Bolton-lite against the likes of Arsenal etc.

I have woke up this morning, I just have a feeling MM will give Ollie a fixed spell of time to sort it all out.

Read the meeting is a 4pm on another forum.

anyone know if this is true?

Well I have no reason to believe that you are making it up. What would you stand to gain ?

Tell us which forum you allegedly read it on, and I'll go and have a look for myself and then report back

Well I have no reason to believe that you are making it up. What would you stand to gain ?

Tell us which forum you allegedly read it on, and I'll go and have a look for myself and then report back

:)
I meant has anyone else heard that the meeting is at four?

Really? I thought at times we were like a Bolton-lite against the likes of Arsenal etc.

I have woke up this morning, I just have a feeling MM will give Ollie a fixed spell of time to sort it all out.

I think Holloway will be sacked today - which I think is unfortunate for him and us.

For all the people that blame Holloway for our dimise, may I remind you how bad we were on the opening day of the season against Blackpool, at HOME.

Can I also say that for Holloway to be sacked and Dowie to be installed is a step backwards again. For all the people on hear who think we may get Steve Coppell or Billy Davies - dream on.

We are going to lose 50-60% of our current first team, and probably the better players over the summer (Kisnorbo, Hume, Mattock, Clemence, Oakley, Stearman, Mcauley) which will leave us with a team that needs to build from scratch and need someone who has worked with the players and can help them develop into first team players.

I actually think Holloway could be the man to do that. Forget the fact we were relegated, that is now irrelevant.

The question that must be asked is "Is Dowie better placed than Holloway to lead us in League 1?"

I actually feel Holloway should be given 10 games in League 1 to prove his worth - if we do not win or at least draw most of those 10 games, then I accept he should go.

I actually feel Holloway should be given 10 games in League 1 to prove his worth - if we do not win or at least draw most of those 10 games, then I accept he should go.

The point has been made that the choice of available, suitable and willing replacements right now is pretty restricted

10 games into a new season, with (presumably, given the above scenario) a club floundering in League One, the choice will be from a pool of nil

Last edited:
I think Holloway will be sacked today - which I think is unfortunate for him and us.

For all the people that blame Holloway for our dimise, may I remind you how bad we were on the opening day of the season against Blackpool, at HOME.

Can I also say that for Holloway to be sacked and Dowie to be installed is a step backwards again. For all the people on hear who think we may get Steve Coppell or Billy Davies - dream on.

We are going to lose 50-60% of our current first team, and probably the better players over the summer (Kisnorbo, Hume, Mattock, Clemence, Oakley, Stearman, Mcauley) which will leave us with a team that needs to build from scratch and need someone who has worked with the players and can help them develop into first team players.

I actually think Holloway could be the man to do that. Forget the fact we were relegated, that is now irrelevant.

The question that must be asked is "Is Dowie better placed than Holloway to lead us in League 1?"

:icon_roll So give him the summer and another 10 games just to prove that relegation wasn't a fluke and he really is shit. Unbelievable!!!

Why are the two things mutually exclusive? There seems to be a number of people on this board who almost pride themselves on wanting poor football. Our two most successful managersin living memory:Jimmy Bloomfield and Martin O'Neill, both played entertaining football: why don't you think our club is capable of producing a manager and team to do so now?

Not sure if I agree that MON played entertaining football,it was effective but hardly flowing.I would say that above all else people want to watch us win and the style we do it in is of secondary importance however I don't go so maybe I see things differently and just see the result not the performance.Of course it would be great to win playing nce football but above all else we need to start winning be it ugly or attractive

Not sure if I agree that MON played entertaining football,it was effective but hardly flowing.I would say that above all else people want to watch us win and the style we do it in is of secondary importance however I don't go so maybe I see things differently and just see the result not the performance.Of course it would be great to win playing nce football but above all else we need to start winning be it ugly or attractive

plus I'm sure a lot of people haven't forgotten the chants of boring, boring Leicester that haunted us for a while one season

It may not have been attractive, but it was still exciting as you felt we had a chance against anyone.

MON's teams rely a lot on set pieces,he did it with us then with Celtic and now with Villa.Its not pretty but its effective and its exciting

IH is also a confidence manager. Meaning that when he's full of it, he's better at his job. When he's under pressure and things aren't going well, he loses the plot.

I've no doubt that a few wins would see the IH/LCFC combo working well but in truth, this aspect of his managerial character means he's never likely to be able to take us very far.

Personally, I wouldn't be upset with either outcome from today's meeting. In the short term, he's as likely as anyone to take us back up. However, after that I can't really see him being the man to take the next step (i.e. promotion to the Prem).

Matt, relegation and the fact IH was the man that led is down is not irrelevant. Its the very reason that Holloway has to go, he has had enough time and money (more than most) to make a positive impact. His teams were devoid of a worthwhile game plan, his decision making and tactics diabolical, his team had no team spirit and worst of all his results were abysmal. These are the facts Matt.

You weigh against that his potential to work with the younger players and the possibility that he may find enough to make them in to a team worth watching. If we give him 10 games and he fails, that's 30 points at risk. Leeds lost 15 points before the season started and made it to the playoffs in 5th.

I admire your loyalty to to the man, but he has failed and cannot be trusted with what's left.

Last edited:
The point has been made that the choice of available, suitable and willing replacements right now is pretty restricted

10 games into a new season, with (presumably, given the above scenario) a club floundering in League One, the choice will be from a pool of nil

:038:

The other option is to take a calculated risk much like Macclesfield and Sunderland did in appointing high profile ex players in Ince and Keane in their first Managerial posts. It would be a risk but no more of a one than to go down the route of continually appointing other teams failures.

There are a number of ex pro's who have performed at the top level and played under some top managers, who will be chomping at the bit of getting into Management. My list of possibles would be :

1) Teddy Sheringham
2) Martin Keown
3) Les Ferdinand
4) Alan Shearer

These individuals are all winners, have played under some top managers and IMO would view our job as the ideal club to begin their Managerial careers.

Last edited:
Mercury say holloways fate won't be decided today!

I'd guess that Milan is either trying to persuade IH to leave with a reduced pay-off because he doesn't want to pay the guy 3 years wages or he is waiting for responses from suitable candidates.

If the pay-off has to be made and no outstanding candidates say yes we may be starting the season with IH as manager.

It's a guess though.

I'd guess that Milan is either trying to persuade IH to leave with a reduced pay-off because he doesn't want to pay the guy 3 years wages or he is waiting for responses from suitable candidates.

If the pay-off has to be made and no outstanding candidates say yes we may be starting the season with IH as manager.

It's a guess though.

Either that, or Bill Anderson is talking out of his arsehole like the incompetent joke of a 'journalist' that he pretends to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566