Holloway to learn fate on Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you might be right with that but surely this is about whether Mandaric thinks Holloway is up to the task,he either thinks he is or he isn't and can't think ''Well he isn't up to it but theres nobody else so I'll keep him'' or maybe he can think that:102:

Better the Devil you know?

Only can think that holloway knows what the "load of trouble" we need to get rid of already and the new manager may not.

Either way i think it needs to be sorted this week.

Last edited:
I'm guessing potential new managers agents have been in touch and the second question they've asked is "how much is available for transfers", I'm guessing the answer they're getting is "nothing", any kitty will have to be raised by selling. So unbelievably, Jethro is here for next season unless they can find a masochist, or alternatively we'll be landed with another idiot with stars in their eyes.

Last edited:
I'm guessing potential new managers agents have been in touch and the second question they've asked is "how much is available for transfers", I'm guessing the answer they're getting is "nothing", any kitty will have to be raised by selling. So unbelievably, Jethro is here for next season unless they can find a masochist, or alternatively we'll be landed with another idiot with stars in their eye.

That could still be 3 or 4 million which is alot of money for league 1.

and if the cash isn't rasied, the players we have are more than capable of going up, with the right manager.

Last edited:
Better the Devil you know?

Only can think that holloway knows what the "load of trouble" we need to get rid of already and the new manager may not.

Either way i think it needs to be sorted this week.

But if MM thinks he's not good enough then he's not good enough and has to go.

I sincerely hope MM is not dithering on cost grounds - i.e that it would cost severence money to dismiss Holloway. Considering he had to do this for MA, perhaps he can't stomach any more. But to me the grounds for dismissing Holloway are an open and shut case as per my previous posts.

Agreed, but he could think he is good enough for a level. Horses for courses kinda thing.

Maybe he can do a job in the lower divsion, but wheres the logic in sticking with a manager who failed so miserably in the Championship to get us out of Div one at the first attempt and then risk him failing us in the Championship again.

Whoever has the job nect season should be expected to see us through to Milan's ultimate (if increasingly optimistic) goal.

Maybe he can do a job in the lower divsion, but wheres the logic in sticking with a manager who failed so miserably in the Championship to get us out of Div one at the first attempt and then risk him failing us in the Championship again.

Whoever has the job nect season should be expected to see us through to Milan's ultimate (if increasingly optimistic) goal.

That could be more talking....less iffeminate though obviously

I think it's more in who will come and replace him? MM isn't going to sack Holloway until he has a new man ready to take over IMO. That search may just be harder than we may think following this ludicrous season.

I have to say that I am flabbagasted that we sit here over a week after the saddest and most humiliating day in our clubs history and the chairman still hasn't made the decision as to whether Ian Holloway is the right man to take the club back into the championship.

If Milan was truly convinced by Holloway then surely he would have backed him immediately after the result against Stoke saying he is still the right man to take the club forward in the long term regardless of relegation.

If not and he has serious doubts about Ollie then he should have been shown the door last week.

My only conclusion is that Milan is stalling for time, is it possible that he is still looking to sell the club and is therefore relunctant to add to either his own or the clubs mounting debts, prefering instead to leave the problem and liability to any new prospective owner :102:

I think there are times when people let their imagination run amok.

I think there are times when people let their imagination run amok.

Or maybe don't have the benefit of inside knowledge that others have :102:

Perhaps we should all post exactly the same as each other, that would make it really interesting on here.

FFS it was merely an opinion.

Last edited:
Interview with Holloway coming up in a couple of minutes on RL.

They jsut played a short clip, and basically he thinks he's staying. Said talks went well with Milan and that they spoke about players and what needs to change, and agreed on most things...

Not guaranteed he's staying by any means, but sounding more like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566