HOT NEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
what goes on at these manager interviews anyway? psychometric tests? role play?

They also ask about your eyesight at the interview.

"Selectively blind? Right, the job's yours"

Levein is hardly likely to admit he's going for an interview with us while he's still managing Hearts,he'd make himself look a right pleb if he did and then didn't get the job.I don't think the Hearts Board would be too chuffed either.

highland fox said:
Levein is hardly likely to admit he's going for an interview with us while he's still managing Hearts,he'd make himself look a right pleb if he did and then didn't get the job.I don't think the Hearts Board would be too chuffed either.

Id imagine any approach from city would have to go through hearts, so im sure their board know already. He has probably been told to say that so as not to piss off thier fans if it doesnt work out here. He can go back scot free!

:lol: :lol:

Some role play no doubt.

buzzer_b said:
Who??? I'd rather see Megson on the hot seat for us. Atleast we know abit about Megson.

Bollox, Levein IMO is so much more a prospect than Megson....Just ask anyone North of the border.

alex said:
buzzer_b said:
Who??? I'd rather see Megson on the hot seat for us. Atleast we know abit about Megson.

Bollox, Levein IMO is so much more a prospect than Megson....Just ask anyone North of the border.

Which border? :lol:

Megson reminds me of a flat bottle of lemonade.

Just copied this off a web site - doesn't look like the style of play will change then!

Hearts manager Craig Levein has spoken out at criticism that his tactics prevent the side playing stylish football.

Some claim he is too negative against the Old Firm, despite finishing a comfortable third in the SPL twice in a row.

"If you can get players who have high quality then it is easy to send out an entertaining team," he said.

"It is difficult in the current economic climate to have those types of players for Hearts."

Levein also believes the 1998 Scottish Cup winning side which included the likes of Colin Cameron haunts his team.

"I think people's memories are tainted by the past," he added.

"I watched a lot of games when Neil McCann and Colin Cameron were at the club and I watched loads of other teams.

"I could count on one hand the number of highly entertaining games I saw in a season in the Premier League.

"Most games are won by working hard and being resilient."

nothing wrong with that. the point is that players like dublin arnt working hard. might make them earn their pay. plus MON thought exactly the same and look where he took us. maybe well get a new MON exept coming from scots not going to.

Batto said:
Just copied this off a web site - doesn't look like the style of play will change then!

Hearts manager Craig Levein has spoken out at criticism that his tactics prevent the side playing stylish football.

Some claim he is too negative against the Old Firm, despite finishing a comfortable third in the SPL twice in a row.

"If you can get players who have high quality then it is easy to send out an entertaining team," he said.

"It is difficult in the current economic climate to have those types of players for Hearts."

As I understand one of Levein's main frustrations at Hearts is having insufficient cash to compete properly. So why his potential link-up with Leicester or has someone found a goldmine under the City car park?

Levein also believes the 1998 Scottish Cup winning side which included the likes of Colin Cameron haunts his team.

"I think people's memories are tainted by the past," he added.

"I watched a lot of games when Neil McCann and Colin Cameron were at the club and I watched loads of other teams.

"I could count on one hand the number of highly entertaining games I saw in a season in the Premier League.

Levein will for obvious reasons never take Hearts higher than 3rd in the SPL. We are under performing and IMO the CCC for Levein with trips to Sunderland, West ham, Leeds F****t, Derby offers more than Livingston,Inverness C.T.
I just looked at the Hearts web forum ,and the general feeling is that they will be gutted to lose him. So good news for us i would say.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
MB in your humble opinion where does Levein sit as regards the shortlist, is he in your opinion the best option or are there better alternatives on the shortlist.

I reckon he sits pretty high, my opinion is irrelivent as we all have different views, was interviewed today, (I think !)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669