How can anyone not want Bassett as Manager.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bassett has been Director of Football for some years and as such he should know what is going on. on and off the pitch.

Bassett did the commentry during the preston game and he noticed that connely was only recieving high balls, and bassett did exprese his concern about it, brilliant, you may think, this is what we want a manager that can work out simple little problem. but city have been shite all season and we (the fans) have been complaining/ moaning that connely has not recieved any good service all season.

WHERE THE HELL HAS THE DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL BEEN.

Watching city???????????????
Understanding the problems??????????
Caring about city???????????
Supporting adams??????????
Trying to correct the problems?????????

I doubt he even knew we had a problem.

Last weekend bassett made the comment that he has only been managing city for two games and is only just starting to get to know the players. Sorry? but I dont understand, only just starting to get to know the players?

WHAT HAS HE BEEN DOING FOR TWO YEARS.

Basseet is as responsable as ma for the state we are in and he should have gone at the same time

If the board give bassett contract, he will revert to sitting on his ass doing nothing just like he has for the past three seasons.

Get him out and let us move on

:oops: :twisted: :evil: :idea: :?:
Spot on.
what the hell is that moron Bassett doing there. I was not an adams fan but he obviously got no support from DB. Just an old vulture waiting for one last throw of the dice. Its so degrading and embarassing.
Where is the Chairman?Who is the Chairman?
What utter crap

What I find particuarly hard to understand is that people cannot see through Bassett, remember wen he took over last time, there was an instant improvement in the commitment and performances of the team and even a short period of improved results followed as usually associated with a new manager.

But once the dust had settled the results and performances tailed back off and Bassett was shown up to be exactly what he is a football dinosaur, who didnt even last a season before he was shunted upstairs the board obviously acknowledging they had dropped a big bollock in appointing him.

Now Lo and behold he resurfaces as caretaker manager, employs the equivalent of his footballing twin brother as assistant and all of a sudden is touting himself as our saviour. Please Mr Davies realise that the improvement has come because the players now realise they have to perform as a new manager might not fancy them as players. If Bassett is appointed permenently I can see us back to the old ways within weeks and at best I think we would finish mid table.

We need to be brave and appoint a vibrant manager who can inspire the players long term and not just for 5-6 games, we saw what Bassett could do last time and he wasnt good enough then so why should he be good enough now.

step said:
I just hope that the 2h's go on to make me look a right dick head.

Come on leicester

My heart sank too Step, but if we play well and get points, then let's be DH's together! :wink:

Thought bassett summed up the performance well. He didn't shy away from the fact that we took our foot off the gas after we took the lead. At least he's not denying we have a problem in keeping momentum. Over the last few years we have gained much of our success from playing at a high tempo. I think the first 30 minutes today proves what we can do when we perform like this. Lets hope Bassett can instil more confidence into the troops and get us playing for the full 90.

I agree we do play better when its high tempo football but I don't think we have the players who can last 90 mins let alone play at high tempo for the 90.Don't know if theres a problem with fitness but we seem to start well and then tire.

At least Bassett has passion, when leicester scored he was jumping around - micky never did.

Wilson said:
At least Bassett has passion, when leicester scored he was jumping around - micky never did.

Too be fair I was impressed by the passion and camaderie(sp) shown by the bench, Bassett, Wilko, Shirtliff and the subs all seemed to be together with the team. It was good to see such passion from the bench after Micky's emotionless last few games.

We just need that passion to be transfered onto the pitch and for it to last longer than 30 mins,

step said:
We just need that passion to be transfered onto the pitch and for it to last longer than 30 mins,

To be fair I thought the commitmtent level and passion from the team was evident for the full 90 minutes, the biggest problem was that we stop playing the high tempo passing football for the last 15 mins of the first half and by the second half the pitch and the weather was hardly encouraging that sort of build up, but I still thought even in that second half we still tried to pass the ball it was very encouraging to see.

IMO there could well be a problem with fitness levels at the club at present and I think over the next couple of weeks this will be addressed. In yesterdays and previous matches we have looked heavy legged and weary. Very similar to when Peter Taylor left the club and Bassett came in it was one of the first things he commented on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669