How can I listen to LC player in garden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sionnach

I'd like to listen to the RL commentary (via player) when I'm the garden - up to 200yds and a solid wall way from my computer. I can stretch one of the cables to one of the computer speakers about 5 yards, hang it out of the window and turn up the volume but it's not very neighbourly! Has anyone got any suggestions?

I'd like to listen to the RL commentary (via player) when I'm the garden - up to 200yds and a solid wall way from my computer. I can stretch one of the cables to one of the computer speakers about 5 yards, hang it out of the window and turn up the volume but it's not very neighbourly! Has anyone got any suggestions?

Get yourself a little fm transmitter.
They're only about a tenner, it just connects to the audio out from your PC and then you can bring a radio out into the garden and tune in.

Last edited:
Is it out or is it into?

err...depends where you are I suppose, in or out, or both, in a kind of omnipresent way...inwhich case there wouldn't be a problem cos I'd be at the Walkers as well as here. Also, if I wasn't subject to time or place, I would already know the result. Makes you think really; or at least stop thinking...

Perhaps I'll just get one of those transmitters (thanks for the tip Macky)

The ones that are legal won't be able to broadcast anywhere near the required distance.

Not one on its own, no, but you could have a series of them connected to transistor radios, forming a transceiver relay system to get the required coverage.

Have you tried using a mobile phone?
I can access Foxes Player on my mobile using the Skyfire browser.

A modern wireless router should be able to do what you want (802.11n has an outdoor range of around 250 Metres), if you have a laptop to use with it.

Have you tried using a mobile phone?
I can access Foxes Player on my mobile using the Skyfire browser.

A modern wireless router should be able to do what you want (802.11n has an outdoor range of around 250 Metres), if you have a laptop to use with it.

We've got a wireless router and laptop but don't really want to take it outside (especially as it's my wife's!) and we don't have mobile reception in our part of the island. I thought about an internet radio but they're expensive and don't know if you could sign in to LC player on them. Perhaps I just need to get a waterproof speaker and very long cable...

two plastic cups and a fair bit of string :)

Have you tried plugging a laptop into the lawnmower? Failing that a 3g stick?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670