How do I Post a list of data

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a load of stats on managers in a spreadsheet that I want to post. Can someone tell me how I can post it in a message without losing the layout

Turn it into a B&W graphic and then point to that graphic. Experiment with the Code feature.

Leigh said:
You can use HTML on this forum, you could make it into a HTML table...

Good idea. :p :wink:

Steven said:
Turn it into a B&W graphic and then point to that graphic. Experiment with the Code feature.

Good track that.

Can someone tell me ho to turn it into a B&W graphic and add it to a message.
or tell me how to add an html file to a message.
i have loads of intereasing info for everyone to see

step said:
Can someone tell me ho to turn it into a B&W graphic and add it to a message.
or tell me how to add an html file to a message.
i have loads of intereasing info for everyone to see

What format is this info in?

step said:
Excell spreadsheet

Then use the Save As function to save the spreadsheet as a web page

I would have said take the html and cut out the reference to the table and put that in a post and it does not work. I need to think about this some more. Can you put the saved files from xl onto a public web server.

Steven said:
Talking to people about real issues and not having to pay for sex, I need to think about this some more.
:shock: :shock: :roll:

Get yourself signed up to a free upload outfit or do you have an ISP account as they usually come with web space. :wink:

Can I use HTML?
That depends on whether the administrator allows you to; they have complete control over it. If you are allowed to use it, you will probably find only certain tags work. This is a safety feature to prevent people from abusing the board by using tags which may destroy the layout or cause other problems. If HTML is enabled you can disable it on a per post basis from the posting form.

The HTML from XL might be a bit to much for this board to handle. Get your webspace sorted out with your ISP. :wink:

Thanks. I hoped this might be easy, I am with aol so I should have some web space somewhere, Ill just have to work out how to use it.

Steven said:
Can I use HTML?
That depends on whether the administrator allows you to; they have complete control over it. If you are allowed to use it, you will probably find only certain tags work. This is a safety feature to prevent people from abusing the board by using tags which may destroy the layout or cause other problems. If HTML is enabled you can disable it on a per post basis from the posting form.

The HTML from XL might be a bit to much for this board to handle. Get your webspace sorted out with your ISP. :wink:

Dead right steven, we all know that the microsoft "publish to web" feature produces some, let's say dirty HTML. You are best off saving it as a .gif and then publishing the picture somewhere for free.

step said:
Thanks. I hoped this might be easy, I am with aol so I should have some web space somewhere, Ill just have to work out how to use it.

So did I to start off with. :? :? The best solution is to save it as a Web Page in XL, then upload it to your ISP, check it out to see that it looks ok and then tell us what the URL is. :wink:

Steven said:
step said:

So did I to start off with. :? :? The best solution is to save it as a Web Page in XL, then upload it to your ISP, check it out to see that it looks ok and then tell us what the URL is. :wink:

I hope this is all worth it! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670