How do you reinstall your D drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcfc lad

....reinstall your d drive!?!?!? don't ask! left my laptop on for my girlfriend and she deleted the d drive off of it?! **** knows how.

is there anyway to get it back? i'm not the best at computers...

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated including girlfriend advice haha silly bint

....reinstall your d drive!?!?!? don't ask! left my laptop on for my girlfriend and she deleted the d drive off of it?! **** knows how.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated including girlfriend advice haha silly bint

Are you using WinXP?

Right click on 'My Computer' and choose 'Manage'. Then click on the 'Disk Management' tab. Can you see it there?

How on earth do you delete a secondary drive accidentally?

Durham's question needs answering first. I don't thing it should be presumed that this is a CD/DVD drive without hearing from the OP.

Durham's question needs answering first. I don't thing it should be presumed that this is a CD/DVD drive without hearing from the OP.

I think the assumption is that it is a second hard drive rather than an optical drive. That was my assumption anyway.

Although you still have a good point Bob.

cheers for the replies guys, i'll get back to u later

ive always had problems with this laptop, its a dell and im not impressed

im onmy work computer at the mo so cant answer ur questions yet!

I think the assumption is that it is a second hard drive rather than an optical drive. That was my assumption anyway.

Although you still have a good point Bob.

Or a partition on a single drive?

Or a partition on a single drive?

I did mean second hard drive. It doesn't matter if it is a partition or a second physical drive, it cannot be "removed" without going through disk manager, unless something is wrong with the machine, which was more my concern!

If it is a portable drive and the problem is it has just been unplugged I will be very disapointed with him! :)

Last edited:
I did mean second hard drive.

I wasn't questioning what kind of a drive you were talking about. It is the 'missing' drive that I was concerned with.

When you had a D drive what was it? On my dell it is the CD/DVD Drive so the best bet is that computer doesn't recognise that at the moment. Do you still have access to the CD/DVD? Can you put a CD into the drive and can the computer read it? Best to start there.

When you had a D drive what was it? On my dell it is the CD/DVD Drive so the best bet is that computer doesn't recognise that at the moment. Do you still have access to the CD/DVD? Can you put a CD into the drive and can the computer read it? Best to start there.

I always thought Dells came with a partition that had all the reinstall bumf on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566