how many games this season?

how many games this season?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vodka

just wondering which of the talking balls massive go the games regularly?

how many games do you anticipate yourself going to this season

Darth Vodka said:

Every home game, and some away night mid-week games

Living 180 miles from Leicester, and playing football most Saturdays I've been limited. Managed to get to

Sheff Wednesday (h)
Watford (a)
Reading (a)
Crystal Palace (a)
QPR (a)
Brighton (a)

7 so far, Luton and Plymouth to come. I may manage the Reading or Palace game too.
The best haul since the kids were born....

Martyn said:
Living 180 miles from Leicester, and playing football most Saturdays I've been limited. Managed to get to

Sheff Wednesday (h)
Watford (a)
Reading (a)
Crystal Palace (a)
QPR (a)
Brighton (a)

that's very similar to me. i play rugby on saturdays, so it's occasional london away games and the odd home game when i visit my parents

Darth Vodka said:

Wouldn't it be possible for both the top and bottom of your options to be valid for the same person - that is, if somebody lives so far away it might be physically impossible for them to attend a single game.

The majority of home games and going Cov away!

Distance and commitments make it virtually impossible.I went Bolton in the Cup though.

bocadillo said:
Wouldn't it be possible for both the top and bottom of your options to be valid for the same person - that is, if somebody lives so far away it might be physically impossible for them to attend a single game.

ah, a pedants' revolt

:)

ok, the top should read, all games, except the odd one where something like a wedding/motorway pile up prevents going

Darth Vodka said:
ok, the top should read, all games, except the odd one where something like a wedding/motorway pile up prevents going

This reminds me of the time that I got stuck on the M25 on the way to a game against Liverpool; a lorry had caught fire and welded itself to the road surface. I finally managed to get off the motorway and a bit of local knowledge and a lot of good luck got me back on further up the road. I finally reached the M25/M1 junction just after 2:00 p.m.

Luckily with everybody else still stuck in the queue, the traffic on the M1 was relatively light. I was able to put my foot down and really flew up the M1. Arriving in Leicester, I found the Narborough Road deserted as everybody else was already at the match. I 'abandoned' the car near the end of the dual carriageway section and immediately started to run. Fortunately a passing taxi-driver noticed my plight - "You late for the match, old chap? Jump in and I'll take you round there - no charge!" Good bloke - I was sitting in my seat in the Carling at 3:06.

I later calculated my average speed from M1 J6 to M1 J as having been 101 m.p.h. It still makes my blood run cold whenever I think about it. The final score was 0-0.

Real Sharapova said:
All home, bar most midweek and most away, bar most midweek.

... and recently re-introduced to journeys oop-north, I think it's fair to say.

bocadillo said:
... and recently re-introduced to journeys oop-north, I think it's fair to say.
Once I'd got rid of that Watford Gap phobia. Seriously, the main reason is that the beer's cheaper up there.:redface: Oh, plus the atmosphere is better at away games.:)

Real Sharapova said:
All home, bar most midweek and most away, bar most midweek.

And presumably the lounge at weekends?

All home games (ST Holder) and on average 13 to 17 away games. This season has been a bit more difficult for away games eg Plymouth, Cardiff and QPR have been night games. Will end up going to 13 league away and one in the Cup (Bury - see feature in programme).

i haven't seen us lose this season though i am limited as i can't go on saturdays as i have a job :icon_eek: i've been to stoke, hull (away), brighton, watford, millwall, derby-so barring stoke if you want a draw i'm your man :biggrin:

Every home game so far, don't get to many away games, too afraid I might bump into one of you lot!!

Last away was Blackburn in the FA last season. Went to York when we beat them aswell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669