How to spend 5 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFox

Charlton have signed Danny Murphy and Francis Jeffers for a COMBINED 5.5 million. Good bit of business IMO.

And we paid... you know what I'm going to say....

Makes you want to spit, don't it?

:evil: :evil: :evil:

homers right just breathe easy and repeat back to me " the bad mans gone "

Ok, I'll try...

Breathe in... breathe out... in... out... one... two... three... feckin hell, shoot.... four.... five... he's really trying hard... six... I think he's about to turn the corner, you know... seven... eight... he can't miss... nine... my granny could score this.... ten.... NOOOOO!!!! FECK!!!!!

Sorry, I'm just not ready yet. :twisted:

:oops:

:(

:wink:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

:shock:

:D

:twisted:

By jove, I think that did the trick!

By the way, anyone else think that Curbishley has pulled off a bit of a coup? Good bit of business. Sham we're no longer in that position, but hey... we're going to win the league!

Danny Murphys a quality player and he will also score goals for Charlton :lol:
Not too sure about Jeffers though :?

DesertFox said:
Charlton have signed Danny Murphy and Francis Jeffers for a COMBINED 5.5 million. Good bit of business IMO.

The transfer market was different then though!!! Jeffers was worth 9million then and murphy about 6million..... Still does my nut though!!!

DesertFox said:

It was a whole different world though back then eh? In that world, Charlton would've had to fork out £25million for those two.

Still a great bit of business, they look a very good side now IMO.

It was different then,we paid £600,000 odd for Lee Marshall.These days he's worth fvck all.

Deflated market thats wot its all about, probbaly why middlesbrough n birmingham n now charlton have bin able 2 buy players that lok tho give them hopes of europe.

homer said:
Sooner him than Nathan Blake though, eh ?

yeah that a good idea lets spend all of our budjet on a player thats done nothing for the past 3 years, and is injury prone.

or buy someone for free who has scored gaols for fun at this level, and his wages arent high and knows he is being brought in as back-up so won't complain. :wink: i wonder who i'll choose?

Are you seriously saying you would sign Nathan Blake ahead of Francis Jeffers, if you had the cash ?

Quality :lol:

homer said:
Are you seriously saying you would sign Nathan Blake ahead of Francis Jeffers, if you had the cash ?

The one thing that money does give you is the ability to choose. Given the choice I would choose neither. :roll: :wink:

homer said:

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer NO

i'm just saying how much charlton payed for him is probably what we've spent on transfers and wages altogether.

for a club like us it is better to buy blake for a season instead of franny jeffers, who is injury prone, and has done nothing for a year, to blow all your budjet on a plyer like that would be idiotic. :x

DesertFox said:

When I watched Stoke vs Wolves, I was nearly kicking the TV over because Kamara was going "Akinbiyi is frightening the Wolves defenders, he's a class player, I would love to suck his...." etc, it was horrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363