Speculation How will we do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where will we finish? 5th
Top goalscorer: David Nugent
Best new signing: Matty James
Star player: Ben Marshall
Breakthrough player: Liam Moore
Will Pearson still be here in May? Yes!!

Where will we finish? 2nd
Top goalscorer: Beckford
Best new signing:Vardy
Star player: Moore
Breakthrough player: James
Will Pearson still be here in May? Yes

Where will we finish? 6th
Best new signing:James Vardy
Star player: Kaspar Schmeichal
Breakthrough player: George Taft
Will Pearson still be here in May? No Not with Leicester's history (not that I want him to go)

Where will we finish? 1st
Top goalscorer: Jamie Vardy
Best new signing: Jamie Vardy
Breakout player: Liam Moore

Star player: Moore
Breakthrough player: James

Top goalscorer: Jamie Vardy
Best new signing: Jamie Vardy
Breakout player: Liam Moore

That's more like it. Right bunch of bleeding pessimists.
Of course 1st is already taken. Sorry.

How's our season going to go? Well.

Where will we finish? 4th
Top goalscorer: Jermaine Beckford
Best new signing: Zak Whitbread
Breakout player: Anthony Knockaert

Where will we finish? 9th
Best new signing:De Laet
Star player: Marshall
Breakthrough player: None
Will Pearson still be here in May? Gone by Christmas​

Top goalscorer: Vardy
Breakthrough player: Moore

Last edited:
That's more like it. Right bunch of bleeding pessimists.
Of course 1st is already taken. Sorry.

Not pessimists - realists!

I think we'll have a good start and tail off after Christmas 9th/10th

9 years in div 2 - is this our longest period in the 2nd tier?

Not pessimists - realists!

I think we'll have a good start and tail off after Christmas 9th/10th

9 years in div 2 - is this our longest period in the 2nd tier?

3 years is the current spell. :icon_wink

3 years is the current spell. :icon_wink

Kettering I think meant outside the top Division:icon_wink

We were in Division 2 1909–1925 Division 2 (L2)
But the First World War was during this time
Longest time was getting to the Top flight for the first time cos we started out in 1894 and got promotion the first time in 1908

Last edited:
Longest time was getting to the Top flight for the first time cos we started out in 1894 and got promotion the first time in 1908

But we weren't Leicester City until after the war. 1919 I think, or thereabouts

*Edit: Wiki says YEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!111!!111!!!!, it was 1919

Last edited:
Top goalscorer: Jermaine Beckford
Best new signing: Anthony Knockaert
Breakthrough player: Pier Larrauri
Will Pearson still be here in May? Yep

Where will we finish? 7th
Top goalscorer: Nugent
Best new signing: Whitbread
Breakthrough player: Knockaert
Will Pearson still be here in May? Yes at the beginning, no by the end.

FFS! This is ridiculous.I'm a football fan on the eve of a new season.I support a team with a reasonably strong squad in a division filled with teams that are mostly much of a muchness so i say...1ST!

We'll piss this ****ing league,score for fun,have a bit of a wobble in December but then shore up the defence with astute signings in the January window & kick on to automatic promotion & clinch the title in April.
We'll do the double over the sheep & trees,draw Cov in the FA Cup 3rd round & do them 6-0 at the Ricoh costing their manager his job in the process.Then we'll make national headlines in pulling off the shock of Round 4 by knocking out Chelsea,winning by 2 clear goals at the KP.

If being a football fan isnt about optimism,especially at this time of year,then what the **** are we all doing here & why do we bother?

9 bastard years! Jesus where did it go? I wasn't even 40 when this shitstorm started & now I'm nervously looking at 50 not being far off.I have already had to suffer the endless,grinding tedious horror of the Pleat years...& now this? Surely I'm due a break? Surely all of us of the requisite age are?
Come on City! Lets at least try to make that embarrassing ****ing 'Sporting Capital' statue just a touch less ridiculous.
I repeat my hope from last season...I want to sit behind the goal next August & watch us play Southampton in the opening game of a Premier League season & pretend,just for a few seconds,that the last decade was a horrible Bobby Ewingesque dream sequence & that Mad Mandy,turds on car seats,THE THIRD DIVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & Jason ****ing Jarrett were just fevered nightmares caused by stress & bad drugs.

Come on you Blues!

FFS! This is ridiculous.I'm a football fan on the eve of a new season.I support a team with a reasonably strong squad in a division filled with teams that are mostly much of a muchness so i say...1ST!

We'll piss this ****ing league,score for fun,have a bit of a wobble in December but then shore up the defence with astute signings in the January window & kick on to automatic promotion & clinch the title in April.
We'll do the double over the sheep & trees,draw Cov in the FA Cup 3rd round & do them 6-0 at the Ricoh costing their manager his job in the process.Then we'll make national headlines in pulling off the shock of Round 4 by knocking out Chelsea,winning by 2 clear goals at the KP.

If being a football fan isnt about optimism,especially at this time of year,then what the **** are we all doing here & why do we bother?

9 bastard years! Jesus where did it go? I wasn't even 40 when this shitstorm started & now I'm nervously looking at 50 not being far off.I have already had to suffer the endless,grinding tedious horror of the Pleat years...& now this? Surely I'm due a break? Surely all of us of the requisite age are?
Come on City! Lets at least try to make that embarrassing ****ing 'Sporting Capital' statue just a touch less ridiculous.
I repeat my hope from last season...I want to sit behind the goal next August & watch us play Southampton in the opening game of a Premier League season & pretend,just for a few seconds,that the last decade was a horrible Bobby Ewingesque dream sequence & that Mad Mandy,turds on car seats,THE THIRD DIVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & Jason ****ing Jarrett were just fevered nightmares caused by stress & bad drugs.

Come on you Blues!

Carlsberg don't do posts on this forum, but if they did.............

Superb 3.11 a.m. post that wins the thread. Especially as at first glance I thought it said "...caused by stress and bad dogs."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669