how would you change things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyfox

well if i was micky adams i would have nallis/williams taking all the set pieces in the side,they are the best 2 distributors we have.i would change the direct style to a passing game,more likely to suit williams,tiatto,nallis.thinking hard here but to be quite frankwe are quite limited to what we can do,obviously the subject of youngsters will be brought up,but mickey will not entertain the likes of dawson,stearman, wright etc.i am very worried he will blunt the progress of some of these lads.i also think mickey realises he has signed a lot of duffs and knows now he is in his biggest challenge yet,the next 4 games will be very interesting.

take scowy, wilcox & blake out on to waste ground and set fire to them and try and claim the money back - 3rd party fire & theft. :wink:

There are obviously huge problems with the players, but we have to stop playing hoofball as well. It isn't effective like two seasons ago. With so many relatively short players (tiatto, canero, gunjonnson) and others under six foot (gillespie, wilcox, makin) how can all players win headers? When the ball is in the air all the time, good heading is essential. And also hoofing is boring to watch. Boring=lower attendences=less money.

If I was Micky Adams I would put Nathan Blake on loan to Northwich Victoria and then start Tommy Wright and Trevor Benjamin up front for the Rotherham game.

yeh were still playing hoof ball but dont have the players to do it anymore - not only have we lost a lot of the big lads but dickov was important as well cos he could chase everything, make something out of even the crap hoofs and was good at picking up the knock downs.

bottom line is were missing muzzy, been at the heart of the midfield for so long and i think we always relied on him to get things going, now someone else has got to step up. i also worry bout the lack of opportunity youth gets, what is the point of blake? he was never gonna change things when he came on and i would much rather see a youngster given a go.

Passing (lack of) was woeful today.

There was no movement from the players...they got in their positions and just waited for the ball.

If you want to dominate a match (which the foxes should) u have to overcome the pressing/physical game, you have to play one-touch fast short passing. This needs loads of work off the ball and interchanging positions.

If you play against superior opposition (like in prem league) I can understand direct/long ball tactics, to try to 'nick' a result.

The fans were completely flat today. Nothing the players did got the fans going. The players need to 'spark' a response from the fans (committed tackle or good attack), and this will spur the players on. One group helps the other.

How to improve things is the tough one though. I still have full faith in Micky. I have always maintained that he deserves time to sort the team out, as he has saved us from extinction. There are no credible alternative in terms of replacement managers. Give Micky a chance. If he screws up at the and of the season then he will be sacked.

who cares if we play boring long ball football? if we win no one, when we lose, everyone, it would be the same no matter what kind of football we play!

i believe in letting some young players come through, if the first team don't perform let them have a go, how else can you see if there good enough, plus Championship manager 4 tomi petrescu in 4 seasons time will be awesome according to that along with conrad logan!

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
Changing to 'passing' football is easier said than done. Do we have the players capable of it?

That's a good point, I don't think many people remember that when they post all these things about 'passing football'.

how many of these players signed would have played hoof football,not many is the answer.your likes of williams,connolly and tiatto would have had a culture shock now they no there new system,i feel sorry for nallis because he really finds it hard to adapt and i am pretty sure you would see a half decent player given the chance to express himself,everybody says how good this squad is and yet the majority of these players are internationals......do you think they got there recognition by hitting 50 yards ball,no i dont think so. :roll:

East Anglia Fox said:
If I was Micky Adams I would put Nathan Blake on loan to Northwich Victoria and then start Tommy Wright and Trevor Benjamin up front for the Rotherham game.

well said mate... Trev, in particulsr desrves a start, certainly ahead of dublin, connolly and the seemingly god-awful wolves, blackburn, sheff utd. etc reject...
after all, big trev is our top scorer this season...

Were the hell has all of this 'Trev is God' crap come from :oops:
He is god damn awful, one goal against the shaggers and he is the answer to everything :roll:, the only reason I like to see him is for comedy value, but it is only funny when you are winning by a couple, he tries his best, but no way is he going to turn a game around consistantly.
Connolly is proven at this level, but at the moment is getting no service at all and Dion has not even played a full three games yet.
It seems to me that we are just not playing to any players strength which is why we look so bloody awful :evil: and as others have said we need a settled team, pick a starting eleven and give them a few games to gel. We have a brand new team that has not played together and that is exactly what we look like with pass after pass going astray. How the hell are they supposed perform when the bloke next to you keeps changing or you end up in the stands watching after playing the game before :evil: it is easy to say 'but they are proffesionals' but you need to know what the bloke next to you is going to do next
I am usually quite up-beat about any situation at this club and see good things out of bad, but after the last two home performances I can only see mid table at best :cry:

I agree with Naughty Fox, the team still haven't gelled yet. However, if there isn't a vast improvement in the next 3 or 4 games, then Micky is looking down the shotgun.

At times, the passing was fairly crisp on Monday, but these occasions were exremely rare which is a worry.

Sheffield United will thump us, and Colin Wnaker will be smiling unfortunately.

I still do not rate Sheff Utd that highly, they lose confidence when things arent going well and the fans do really get on their backs. I think we have a real chance of taking 6pts from the two s.yorkshire matches coming up.

im not sure about this getting to now each other crap.Surely a professional footballer can find space shout for a ball,play to feet,run on to a ball,give and go, get crosses in,meet crosses with a firm header,direct headers on target,trap a ball,take a throw in,take a free kick, put it on the penalty spot,one two, eye on the ball,jockey, all without having to go on a male bonding course? :roll:

Connolly will do a lot better when someone finally passes the ball to his feet and not a foot above his head,Benjamin the answer? c'mon think about it seriousley.Ok for 15 mins at the end,plenty of enthusiasm but as fell over himself or the ball once too often IMO.

lazzer said:
im not sure about this getting to now each other crap.Surely a professional footballer can find space shout for a ball,play to feet,run on to a ball,give and go, get crosses in,meet crosses with a firm header,direct headers on target,trap a ball,take a throw in,take a free kick, put it on the penalty spot,one two, eye on the ball,jockey, all without having to go on a male bonding course? :roll:

Agree to an extent lazzer and in patches (very small ones :oops: ) as Joe says we did some of that on Monday, but good teams play on instinct, knowing what a team mate is thinking and going to do next, then putting in the pass/cross without thinking. If there were only a few new players then the odd pass going astray would not be as noticable, but as we have got a full new team the wayward passes have been glaring.
The big problem we have is how quick will this 'understanding' will take, my faith in MA is not as strong as it was, but I am not laying the blame totally with him, the players are the ones that go out on that pitch not him, but he does need to show some balls more. He has stated many times in the past that the 'hoof' ball is not his style, I just can not work out why we keep doing it then.
I hope things come good and we can look back on these posts with 'how things change' but at the moment that seems sooooo far away. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566