How's the squad shaping up?

Brown Nose

I've tried to work out who is still here and who has moved on. When referring to young players from the U21s, I'm only including those now 21 or older or who have been part of the side in pre-season. I've done my best here but there are probably errors/omissions.

Gone: Amartey, Tielemans, Soyuncu, Suengchitthawon, Bertrand, Maddison, Tete, Perez, Barnes, Hirst, Leshabala, Eppiah, Mendy, Evans

In: Coady, Winks, Doyle, Hermansen

Current squad:

GK - Hermansen, Iversen, Ward, Stolarczyk, Smithies, Young

DEF - Justin, Ricardo, Castagne, Brunt, Kristiansen, Thomas, Spencer-Adams, Faes, Coady, Souttar, Doyle, Vestergaard, Flynn, Nelson

MID - Dewsbury-Hall, Winks, Soumare, Choudhury, Albrighton, Ndidi, Praet, McAteer, Marcal-Madivadua

FOR - Daka, Iheanacho, Vardy

I'm not sure Spencer-Adams and Flynn are still here. Both seemed to be at the end of last season and I've not seen that they've gone. Of the 32 names above, I assume that Doyle, Nelson and Marcal-Madivadua wouldn't need to be named in our 25 man squad as they're U21 but presumably the rest would.

You'd imagine that we're still adding at least another 6 to this group - Mavididi is imminent and there will be several more loans.

So despite 14 going so far, we still have way too many players. A lot of these need to go - six keepers anyone!! Rudkin really needs to get busy moving some of the old guard on.

We desperately, desperately need players who can

a. Create chances; and/or
b. Put chances away

12 days til kick off…..

We desperately, desperately need players who can

a. Create chances; and/or
b. Put chances away

12 days til kick off…..

With Vardy, Nacho and Daka we should have 3 players that are more than capable of putting plenty away in this division.

The big, big problem is A, the players to create chances for them to convert.

Also that there's a strong likelihood at least 2 of the 3 are gone by the time the window closes

MID - Dewsbury-Hall, Winks, Soumare, Choudhury, Albrighton, Ndidi, Praet, McAteer, Marcal-Madivadua
That midfield is an absolute abomination. Full of central midfielders, none of whom can create. And just the one winger with any experience.

We’ll need to play 5-3-2 at this rate.

A decent striker is needed. Hopefully we actually put a proper bid in for Joel Piroe!
Winger Stephy Mavididi.
Journalist Mohamed Toubache-Ter reports that while there is an agreement between City and Montpellier over an €8m (£6.9m) fee, the details around those payments are still being discussed. He does not expect it to compromise a deal for Mavididi.

All that squad is capable of is boring a 1:0 win at best, it seriously lacks creativity and there's too many CM with the same attributes (Defensive)

That doesn't look like a squad that is going to get promoted to me.

I would agree.

18 changes to the squad so far and it looks every bit as unbalanced as it did before any changes were made.

We're probably about halfway through the squad changes required. Sales are very slow.

Loans in/out will be mostly late August decisions. I suspect that we'll have some poor performances early on and be in pure panic mode by deadline day.

We are in big trouble this season.

Massive delusions of grandeur still weeping out of every seam.

More bothered about a pathetically fake PR stunt in Thailand than the season ahead. I assume it doesn't matter because they think we'll piss the league.

Nowhere near enough recruitment in key areas and a DOF who is ****ing about rimming the owner in a completely different time zone whilst others are back at HQ actually doing their ****ing job.

Club is rancid.

We are in big trouble this season.

Massive delusions of grandeur still weeping out of every seam.

More bothered about a pathetically fake PR stunt in Thailand than the season ahead. I assume it doesn't matter because they think we'll piss the league.

Nowhere near enough recruitment in key areas and a DOF who is ****ing about rimming the owner in a completely different time zone whilst others are back at HQ actually doing their ****ing job.

Club is rancid.

Sadly this is so true - everything stinks to high heaven right at this minute on and off the pitch

Pop will be along in a minute to laugh at us all and say it’s all wibble, just like he did last year when we said the exact same thing

Sadly this is so true - everything stinks to high heaven right at this minute on and off the pitch

Pop will be along in a minute to laugh at us all and say it’s all wibble, just like he did last year when we said the exact same thing
There's a whole host of other things to laugh at you for to be fair. But yeah, the pseudo-angry thing is up there.

Come the end of the season, this pre-season will be held us as one of the major mistakes of the campaign. Despite what the official site says, we've effectively had one game against Northampton town and we're a week and a half from playing Cov.

We looked horribly unfit last season and that was when we played with tonnes of possession and 75 passes between central defenders. With the quantity and physicality of games in the championship, it's going to be very hard if we're not fit enough.

We have far too many players at the club currently. Particularly the ones without a long term future at the club.

Vardy, Albrighton, Ndidi, Hamza and Nacho on the last year of their deals.

Faes, Praet, Castagne all angling for moves but still here.

Ward and Vestergaard still stinking out the place.

Soumare unlikely to play a big part.

I’m less concerned with incoming, though we obviously need a couple, than I am with the lack of outgoing so far.

He’s got a massive job on his hands.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464