HTC Desire data usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionfox

Anybody got an HTC Desire and has their data stats handy?

I've been on a 1GB per month package since I had the phone and have never got closer than 75% of that by the end of the month.

This month however I have shot up to over 75% with still 10 days remaining. I have used 40MB in a 24 hour period.

I've not changed anything or added any new apps. Only got a coupleof email accounts, FB, Twitter 4Square etc. Haven't browsed at all and certainly don't stream music or download files.

I've got a feeling that something is wrong but Orange have changed my handset and the usage is still way up.

What is everyone else using, bandwidth wise, on average per day?

Thanks.

On 3 with an S2 tethering. 2GB a month for a fiver. And free calls to my daughter on Skype ( free for life). I live in a black spot, so my expectations are lowered.

Have you checked for viruses?

I use less than 100MB a month on my Android. I work at home so I'm usually connected to my home network.

He's got a new handset so I would assume the new one to be clean at least. unless it was memory stick based.

He's got a new handset so I would assume the new one to be clean at least. unless it was memory stick based.

But I bet he's installed stuff on it since getting it.

Apart from 3G Watchdog my replacement handset is as supplied from Orange.

I've got a feeling that the email app is responsible but the app you told me about will hopefully prove that Jeff.

I took a 50mb T-mobile roaming topup whilst using my Desire S in Europe last month and it was still updating after 8 days of travel, I didn't turn of any of my standard data usage (email, twitter, google+, facebook, maps etc) and I used it for work email and internet browsing, no idea how much I used of the 50mb since I don't track this and t-mobile down give me data use statistics.

That looks excellent Jeff. I currently use 3G Watchdog which is good but only gives total data rather than a per app usage.

Thanks.

It seems like 'People' is using most of my data along with 'DCS service'.

Facebook, Twitter and the like are way down the list.

Have you turned off the back up my settings option in Privacy? I've heard this can cause high data use sometimes.

Does it come with an Orange customised UI?

Yes. If I was confident enough I would look on t'net for rooting instructions but seeing as I have OrangeCare that isn't really an option.

Can't find a 'privacy' option anywhere. Any pointers? Ta.

It's a hidden menu on the Desire for some reason, you need to use the search function, it's easiest to find if you set settings as the only searchable item for this search.

It may not help but could be worth a go.

It's a hidden menu on the Desire for some reason, you need to use the search function, it's easiest to find if you set settings as the only searchable item for this search.

It may not help but could be worth a go.

Aha!

No, back up my settings wasn't enabled.

Thanks for the info about the hidden stuff though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669