Huddersfield (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's a few days away yet but it the first game I have been to in ages and I am really looking forward to it. I am even chancing taking the eldest with me (still hasn't seen them win yet) along with my neice (still hasn't seen them win yet). Just as a side issue, if we are only drawing or losing at half time, would it be wrong to make the kids wait outside the ground for the second half? :)

I reckon a 2-1 hard fought victory in the offing with Fryatt & Dyer scoring.

I know it's a few days away yet but it the first game I have been to in ages and I am really looking forward to it. I am even chancing taking the eldest with me (still hasn't seen them win yet) along with my neice (still hasn't seen them win yet). Just as a side issue, if we are only drawing or losing at half time, would it be wrong to make the kids wait outside the ground for the second half? :)

I reckon a 2-1 hard fought victory in the offing with Fryatt & Dyer scoring.

So, should we fail to come away with all 3 points, it will be totally your fault. Firstly for starting this thread way too early and second, for taking 2 obvious jinxes to the game with you.

No, it wouldn't be wrong, it would be expected.
:)

Last edited:
All i know is that of Leicester's next 8 opponents, only one of them is in the play offs.
5 of them are in the bottom half of the table, with Northampton, Swindon, Brighton and Bristol Rovers queued up outside the relegation zone.

by the time we play Mk Dons 8 games from now - we should expect to be on 72 points at least, 75-78 at a push - which will have blown away the rest of the division. Even 4 wins out of 8m our worst run of form all year, would have us at 69 points. MK Dons would have to win their next 8 on the trot just to overtake us.

good times...

Would it be possible to have the "never seen Leicester duo"support Huddersfield for the day as a kind of role reversal of fortunes.That way when they say "we have never seen Huddersfield win"we wouldn't have to have a a witch hunt!:icon_wink

Last edited:
Would it be possible to have the "never seen Leicester duo"support Huddersfield for the day as a kind of role reversal of fortunes.That way when they say "we have never seen Huddersfield win"we wouldn't have to have a a witch hunt!:icon_wink

What I think I will do is make the buggers walk back to Queniborough if we lose!!

More than they took Leeds. Nice to see we're a bigger club.

Anyways I can us losing but I am going and I've not seen us lose all season.

They've been to Leeds loads, new ground for them :icon_bigg

Neither have i.........just ask BG:icon_wink

We are due a bad result in the league, and i feared this might be the one. Strangely though the prospect of a large away support and better atmosphere encourages me to think that City will perform ( hopefully like the posh game )

They've been to Leeds loads, new ground for them :icon_bigg

Last time was at Filbert Street - penultimate home game of our 1996 promotion season - and here's a report on the game.

From the Sunday Mirror:

Leicester 2
Huddersfield 1

Steve Claridge paid off another big slice of his £1.2M transfer fee with a goal which could take Leicester into the play-offs.

The former Birmingham City man set Filbert Street alight with a 62nd- minute strike to sink play-off rivals Huddersfield and allow manager Martin O'Neill to breathe a huge sigh of relief.

A superb move sent teenage star Emile Heskey surging clear on the left and when his low cross came in Claridge pounced to flash a shot past Steve Francis.

Afterwards, Claridge. who is still on medication for a thyroid problem, said: "This was another vital win for us.

"With two successive wins at home our confidence is high and I really feel we can now make it to the play-."

It was the first time Leicster had won two games in a row at home for nearly eight months, but they had their fans on the edge of their seats before clinching the most important win of the season.

They dominated the first half against a Huddersfield side with the worst away record in the First Division outside the relegation zone.

Mark Robins put a volley straight at Francis in the seventh minute and then two minutes later the impressive Heskey sent a 20-yard shot crashing against the bar.

City boss O'Neill said: "It was a difficult match for us and I am thrilled to bits with the result.

"It has been a good few days for us and with Ipswich losing at Southend it gives us a fighting chance of the play-offs."

Another home win against Brum and that famous victory at Watford saw us into the play-offs. And if I remember correctly, anything less and we would have stayed down.

3,300 Huddersfield coming!

not too surprised theyre taking a few theyve picked up a bit of form lately under new management and they will fancy their chances against us, im sure theyll be heading back up the M1 wishing they hadnt gone though :)

Maybe Gradel in for Dyer otherwise unchanged Expecting hard game but a 2-0 win Fryatt, Howard. Hope Cleverly is given more than 8 mins(could be a vital player for us when Davies goes) Good chance for the "new" defence to bond against better opposition than Yeovil

I think Cleverley looks like he could play on the left, so maybe he could get a start there.

I think poor old Dyer has lost his mojo for the time being. Shame as he had a great start to the season. Perhaps defences have got wise to his style?

I don't have a good feeling about this one. A tough side to beat and i think Lee Clark looks like making a good start to what could be a successful managerial career.
I hope i am wrong but i can see us losing this one. I don't like them and had a bad experience with some of their fans a few years ago.

Another home win against Brum and that famous victory at Watford saw us into the play-offs. And if I remember correctly, anything less and we would have stayed down.

I believe you do - Muzzy's header againt the hornets sealed the playoff place on goal difference didn't it?

And the match was live on ITV I believe.

I see this as a potential disappointment.

It may be one of those games when the opposition is lifted by the occasion.

We are bound to have some setbacks at some stage and I think this could be one of them. I will go with a single goal margin defeat. Hope I'm wrong.

The only time we have lost at home Millwall made it an ugly game and we were too nice. That is not a complaint about Millwall but about us. It seems to have been worth losing that game as we seemed to learn the lesson and have toughened up physically and mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669