Huddersfield Town 2-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone confirm that I was at the game yesterday, sure I was.....sat behind Jim, might be wrong. feckin hell my memory is a bit sketchy but I think we were a little lucky? :102:

Your wernt that pissed when i saw you, was the Weatherspoons good then :icon_lol:

Last edited:
can anyone confirm that I was at the game yesterday, sure I was.....sat behind Jim, might be wrong. feckin hell my memory is a bit sketchy but I think we were a little lucky? :102:

You were certainly outside the ground afterwards, singing some unintelligible song in Geordie.

did anyone else think that the award winning stadium that we visited yesterday was actually just a big crock of shite?

I didn't. It is a new ground with many features of an old ground; a marked contrast to many of the grounds were are more accustomed to.

City boss Nigel Pearson was a relieved man after seeing his side snatch a dramatic last-minute winner at Huddersfield Town on Saturday afternoon.

The Foxes had let slip a two-goal advantage thanks to a Matty Fryatt brace before winner Lloyd Dyer saw a fortunate effort lob goalkeeper Matt Glennon to spark the celebrations in front of the travelling Blue Army.

The victory took City three-points clear at the top of the league table but Pearson admitted that his side had been tested by a workmanlike Town outfit.

He said "It was a tough game for us and they put us under a considerable amount of pressure and I was disappointed to throw away a two goal lead but also delighted to come away with three points.

"Lloyd's goal was a bit fortuitous but we'll take it. It was a good bad one!

"Whether we deserved it or not, it's a great result for us."

Pearson was also quick to pay tribute to Fryatt, who took his season's tally to nine.

"Matty works phenomenally hard for the team and makes himself chances because of his work-rate.

"But as a team if we keep doing the right thing often enough then we will create chances and score goals."

City now have a two week break due to international call-ups and are next back in action against Oldham at Boundary Park on Saturday, October 18.

Pearson is keen to keep that momentum going which has seen them win four successive games.

"That was our ninth game of the season and we have got a good run of form going but we cannot afford to let complacency creep in.

"I would rather be in the position that we are in with points on the board."

Your wernt that pissed when i saw you, was the Weatherspoons good then :icon_lol:

got pissed quite easily yesterday, definitely before the game had started. after spoons we went to this horrible little bar up the road which people were smoking openly in the pub, was odd

I didn't. It is a new ground with many features of an old ground; a marked contrast to many of the grounds were are more accustomed to.

I didn't like it personally, nice to change to a different design but the feckin corners were awful with the big concrete floodlight pilars :icon_conf

i thought we were fairly average it wasnt obvious who was top and who was midtable but hey we won thats all that matters!! :) good move for the 1st goal my 1st reaction was a definate pen and a top mis hit from dyer who i thought was our motm, their long throws caused us no end of problems and that dickinson was a handful (long streak of piss:)), the ref made some 'strange' decisions

What happened after the game i saw lots of police running up the streets police vans going past shouting etc.

You were certainly outside the ground afterwards, singing some unintelligible song in Geordie.

You cant talk bob i saw you singing also, waving your arms in the air in the middle of the huddersfield fans on your own :081::081: Sounded like Opera though.

Last edited:
You cant talk bob i saw you singing also waving your arms in the air in the middle of the huddersfield fans on your own :081::081: Sounded like Opera though.

You should have gone to Specsavers.

That wasn't Bob, it was another Leicester fan wearing shorts.

Could it have been Jobber? Him and Boc are easily mistaken for each other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670