Match Thread Huddersfield Town (A) FA Cup 4th Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not going to get slaughtered today. It's not like King and Dyer haven't played a lot in the starting 11 this season. It's only really 3 changes from what would be considered by most to be a very strong team.

And maybe he's kept what has proved to be of late a very solid back five in tact in order to give the "piss poor" midfield and attack a better chance of winning the game for us. If we win it will be, "Huddersfield must be shit if we beat them with THAT team" and "we have a pretty decent squad" etc, and if we lose, "we all know our strongest 11 would have beaten them easily".

I can understand giving a few fringe players a run out, I can't understand allowing Wellens a place in the lineup though. Suspect Nige will be disappointed if we accidentally win this one.

Shall we see how we get on before slagging off the team selection??

Right? Other than Wellens and a lack of Nugent, it's more or less a team we've used quite a lot this year, just not so much recently.

I'd rather have seen Futacs start than Vardy and am surprised Wellens is involved, but I still think it's a strong enough team. And if it's not, Nige probably needs to do some shopping since these players are likely to have to be involved at some point in the run in.

The co-commentator on Radio Leeds is really annoying.

Well, I'm happy to start. What a colossal **** up from Nige. This will ruin our momentum at a crucial stage of the league season when we are in with a great chance of getting promoted. Not only that, we will get knocked out of the FA Cup meaning another season passes where we haven't won it.

Don't panic yet.

Total and utter complete feckin' shite

Much sympathy for the poor feckers who made the journey up, who have been rewarded with a team filled with the hopeless fecktards we all hoped would not be seen again this season (or ever, in the case of Wellens)

Last edited:
Pearson is obviously resting the key players whilst giving some of the backup players a run out. If we can scrape a 1-0 win, then this will have been an excellent decision. Keeping the regular bench warmers happy and resting the big guns. Then we can go into the Wolves match with a well rested and injury free squad. Simples!

a team filled with the hopeless fecktards we all hoped would not be seen again this season (or ever, in the case of Wellens)

Which hopeless feck trades might they be? King, Dyer, Waghorn, Vardy? I think they have all been seen as of late and we've not done too bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670