Huddersfield Town's Unbeaten Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

Up to 40 league games now. Already the record for the longest run ever in the lower leagues and only 9 short of Arsenal's English record. Incredible stuff! :038:

Would absolutely love to see a team like them break Arsenal's record myself.

Somehow, I have a mate who is a Huddersfield fan & he keeps harping on about Jordan Rhodes all the time. He thought Pilkington was also a very good player for them, they seem to have a side capable of at least mid-table in the Championship.

I'm quite fed up of him going on and on, but you can't deny their success at the minute.

I never thought our 42 game unbeaten run would ever be beat and now it looks like it will go twice

Last edited:
I had my thing for Jordan Rhodes two years ago, his Huddersfield record is very near to one goal every two appearances. This season....13 goals in just 12 games.

Pilkington was one of the most technically gifted lower league players I had seen. A rarity, naturally both footed.

Clark for their budget really should have had them up by now but to be fair, the majority of the squad is young and still naive when it comes to big games.

Up to 40 league games now. Already the record for the longest run ever in the lower leagues and only 9 short of Arsenal's English record. Incredible stuff! :038:

Would absolutely love to see a team like them break Arsenal's record myself.

Did you see them on Football Focus on Saturday? It looked like they have a laugh in training and it's certainly a very relaxed camp. Worth a watch if it's on iPlayer.

Did you see them on Football Focus on Saturday? It looked like they have a laugh in training and it's certainly a very relaxed camp. Worth a watch if it's on iPlayer.

It was very good, but I get the sense that with a 39 game unbeaten run (as it was then) there isn't much need for serious training. I know that everyone needs to keep on their toes but I suspect that with this type of run you would have a more relaxed atmosphere than a relegation struggling side.

We need a run like that!

Still wouldn't placate some fans.
Remember under Pearson in league 1, home against Northampton, we'd lost 1 game, in the league, in 12 since the start of the season (against Milwall).
Drew 0 - 0, fans booed at the end of the game.
Fickle boneheads!

I had my thing for Jordan Rhodes two years ago, his Huddersfield record is very near to one goal every two appearances. This season....13 goals in just 12 games.

Pilkington was one of the most technically gifted lower league players I had seen. A rarity, naturally both footed.

Clark for their budget really should have had them up by now but to be fair, the majority of the squad is young and still naive when it comes to big games.

Pilkington and Rhodes have both been impressive at that level. I apprecite your point about naivety and I still think Pilkington has a bit to learn, but I think on the whole he's coped well with the step up in a similar way that Matt Jarvis has.

43 matches now, beating Forest's record.

Now the second longest ever unbeaten league run in the history of English football, 6 short of Arsenal's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669