Match Thread Huddersfield v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Pearson makes three changes.

City: Schmeichel, Konchesky, Drinkwater, Morgan (c), Vardy, King, Dyer, St Ledger, Moore, Knockaert, Nugent

Subs: Whitbread, Marshall, Logan, Waghorn, Schlupp, Futacs

Last edited:
Who's the 7th sub?

Dyer in for Marshall, Moore in for De Laet and King in for James.

I'm surprised by the changes since we've won 3 in a row, although the defensive one probably wasn't much choice! I think they're the right choices though by Pearson, so good on him.

Cue people berating him for changing a winning side though if we don't win tonight.

Aye, right on target with his shooting, wasn't he

People have been saying how Marshall has been way off form though, and Stringer/Young both said how tired he looked at the weekend and probably needed a rest.

So either Pearson agreed he needed a rest or dropping him for a game will hopefully give him a kick up the backside and make him work harder for his place. Marshall's a better player than Marshall, but if he's playing badly it's the right choice.

Marshall has been playing poorly lately and Dyer, apparently, looked sharp at the weekend and may offer more defensive strength. By playing King, I assume he doesn't think we'll need the midfield to hold deep.

Surprised at the line up overall.

Replacing James with King is spot on and I agree with dropping Marshall.

However, I'm concerned that against a relatively physical side, and without one of our taller players in De Laet, we may struggle against set pieces. There was a case for Whitbread coming in and St. Ledger playing right back for me. I worry about Moore at right back.

I also think we're playing one too many forward players, Dyer being an obvious luxury too far. I'd have strongly considered starting Futacs today.

Not losing today would be an excellent result. Come on City!

However, I'm concerned that against a relatively physical side, and without one of our taller players in De Laet, we may struggle against set pieces. There was a case for Whitbread coming in and St. Ledger playing right back for me. I worry about Moore at right back.

I also think we're playing one too many forward players, Dyer being an obvious luxury too far. I'd have strongly considered starting Futacs today.

The one who went down injured in the first half of the Middlesbrough game?

Brilliant. So you think a winger is too forward but a striker less so?

Not hugely pleased with the team selection, although Marshall perhaps hasn't been at his best recently. Still, I'd have much more confidence in him producing something consistently than Dyer. How he can be considered a starter for a promotion-pushing Championship side is beyond me. At best he is a handy impact player (as demonstrated at the weekend).

But we'll see I suppose. Prove me wrong Lloyd.

Last edited:
Brilliant. So you think a winger is too forward but a striker less so?

And we also have someone playing RB that has actually been CB for the vast majority so far this season so would arguably better in the air than our previous RB so far.

Can't argue with the changes really. King has been great for us up until his injury and people have been slightly critical of James so no surprise really and Marshall hasn't been at his best so far either so completely understandable imo. The other change is a must so can't knock that and possible slightly stronger defensively now but we have lost a good attacking threat in RDL.

Last edited:
Not hugely pleased with the team selection, although Marshall perhaps hasn't been at his best recently. Still, I'd have much more confidence in him producing something consistently than Dyer. How he can be considered a starter for a promotion-pushing Championship side is beyond me. At best he is a handy impact player (as demonstrated at the weekend).

But we'll see I suppose. Prove me wrong Lloyd.

Lloyd doesn't need to be consistent, just tonight for now.... He's in for this game, doesn't mean he's in for the next one. I'm sure Pearson still sees Marshall as his more usual option. It's up to Lloyd tonight to change that.

C'mon Leicester!

We're off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572