Match Thread Huddersfield v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly concerning if this is the primary concern for a goalkeeper tho'...
It is a given that a professional keeper can save shots (apart from Danny Ward). Whereas to be able to play out from the back with ones feet, that Sir is not a given.

Harsh on McAteer to not even be in the squad. Assume he must be injured if we have two keepers on the bench?

Glad Nacho is starting and Enzo learned quickly that he's a better option

Huddersfield have lost 10 of their last 11 league games against Leicester (D1) since their last win over the Foxes back in November 1995 under Brian Horton.

Leicester City and Huddersfield Town last faced in the league in April 2019 in a Premier League clash, won 4-1 by the Foxes at the John Smith’s Stadium.

Huddersfield Town won their final two home league games of the 2022-23 campaign, last winning three in a row at the John Smith’s Stadium in November and December 2020, a run of five.

Leicester have won their last two league games, beating West Ham in May and Coventry in their opening game of this season, one more win than they’d managed in their 15 previous games combined (W1 D4 L10). They haven’t won three in a row since January 2021.

Leicester completed 571 passes in their 2-1 win over Coventry, their most in a league game since May 2022 vs Norwich (573). By contrast, Huddersfield completed just 186 passes in their 3-1 defeat to Plymouth.

Why would you voluntarily select a second goalkeeper for the bench in preference to any one of Souttar, Kristiansen, Soumare, Daka or Castagne?

Even if they're all players you're happy to see leave it makes no logical sense.

It's also inevitable that we're going to fail to move on everyone we want, or sign sufficient replacements, so he'll need to reintegrate one or more of them.

My view of our team today is that it's incredibly vulnerable to any opponent that focuses on set pieces and roughing us up.

Big test this. If we cope today I may start to believe that this massive gamble could work.

Why would you voluntarily select a second goalkeeper for the bench in preference to any one of Souttar, Kristiansen, Soumare, Daka or Castagne?

Even if they're all players you're happy to see leave it makes no logical sense.

It's also inevitable that we're going to fail to move on everyone we want, or sign sufficient replacements, so he'll need to reintegrate one or more of them.

I had the same feeling, you only select 2 goalkeepers in the subs if you have no other options.

But was someone injured late on to make that happen? Maybe some didn't travel?

My assumption is that Kristiansen is carrying a knock. Soumare is so awful I can see why you wouldn't bother. Castagne and Souttar are odd ones though. Okay, Castagne is desperate to leave so probably not a good idea to have him anywhere near the squad, Souttar though? I feel for him, I really do. He's looked fine for us. Daka is almost certainly being chased by a few clubs so I can see why he isn't there.

I had the same feeling, you only select 2 goalkeepers in the subs if you have no other options.

But was someone injured late on to make that happen? Maybe some didn't travel?

You could be correct. If he didn't ask players to travel that weren't to be involved and McAteer had a problem before the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566