Hughes Staying???

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazzy

Hughes stays put with Leicester

Hearts and Motherwell have failed to persuade Stephen Hughes to move back to the Scottish Premier League and he will remain with Leicester City.
The English Championship club had accepted £50,000 offers for the former Rangers midfielder, who had been given permission to talk personal terms.

But his agent, John Colquhoun, told BBC Sport: "It does not look like Stephen will be moving from Leicester."

The 24-year-old had been placed on the transfer list in May.

And he could yet move if other clubs firm up their interest in the player, who moved to the Foxes from Ibrox in January 2005.

Indeed, Motherwell manager Mark McGhee has not given up on Hughes, or on signing the versatile Adam Virgo on loan from Celtic.

"Steven Hughes and Adam Virgo are still options that we are looking at," McGhee told his club website.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

^^ you get my drfit....

Last edited by a moderator:
Desperately hoping that some other side shows interest, don't wanna be left with the lightweight sod.

He would obviously prefer to get nowhere near a starting 11 place and nowhere near the bench.

If he wants his career to rot away in our reserves let him.

He would obviously prefer to get nowhere near a starting 11 place and nowhere near the bench.

If he wants his career to rot away in our reserves let him.

Problem being of course that we'd be paying him.

Of all the players that are on the transfer list, I'm least bothered about Hughes being here next season as he has some level of creativity which we're still lacking and, as mentioned, he won't be on too much cash.

Problem is I can't see us getting rid of the others...

Of all the players that are on the transfer list, I'm least bothered about Hughes being here next season as he has some level of creativity which we're still lacking and, as mentioned, he won't be on too much cash.

I'd agree with this. He's got more than the others put together, so possible being around some higher quality players with the carrot of first team footie will up his confidence and desire.

I'd rather he went, but if not, he'll do for the squad.

I don't think he'll get anywhere near the first team or the bench when all the signing have taken place - thank God!

Lets hope so! But the season is long, and when injuries creep in during December, he may well be able to come in for half a game and help out. Let's not get carried away with this - he HAS been ok on occasions. We've had far worse.

reserves written all over him. that's his shop window. so he'll be trying his best.

he has created absolutley **** all for 2 years, why would he start doing it now.

the only thing the useless twat needs to create is some muscle, and a pair of bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566