Hull City - Championship - Tuesday 26th December 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
k.o. 3:00 p.m.

Tickets
We've been allocated 1,550 seats for this match; we will be accommodated in the Smith & Nehphew North Stand (with the notMark deVries Stand on our right hand). Tickets are priced at £23 for adults, £14 for students, for 16 and under and for 60 and over.

Tickets will go on sale as follows:
Monday 11th December - Season Ticket Holders Priority 1
Tuesday 12th December - Season Ticket Holders Priority 2
Wednesday 13th December - Season Ticket Holders Priority 3
Thursday 14th December - Members
Friday 15th December - General Sale

N.B. The Southampton tickets have the same selling dates, so the ticket office is likely to be more busy than usual.

Coaches
FoxTravel will be leaving at 11:00. Adults travel for £15.50, concessions for £13.50 - with season ticket holders getting a quid discount in each case. (Will this be the next discount that ST holders will lose vice a couple of points on their TeamCard?)

Directions
M1 to J32
M18 to J7
M62 East towards Hull

Leave the M62 at Junction 38 (the end of the Motorway) and join the A63, towards Hull.

Stay on the A63, passing under the Humber Bridge.

The stadium is clearly signposted (KC Stadium) as you approach Hull.

About one mile from the centre of Hull leave the A63 (also signposted for the Hull Royal Infirmary) and take the 2nd exit at the roundabout (Rawling Way).

At the next main set of traffic lights (and with the Hospital in front of you), turn left onto the A1105 Anlaby Road.

Go over the flyover, right at the next lights immediately after the flyover (Walton Street). The ground is on your right.

About 115 miles - a little under 2 hours.

Parking advice

A more enjoyable (and more convenient for some) route might be to use the A46 to Lincoln and then the A15/M180/A15 route, crossing the Humber Bridge to reach the A63 into Hull. Although about 20 miles shorter, this route can be driven in about the same time as the longer route above - but has the disadvantage of having to pay £2.70 to get across the bridge. Perhaps you might like to go one way out and the other back?

Trains
Trains? On Boxing Day in England? Ha!!

Pubs
The pubs in the vicinity of the ground are all designated 'home fans only' and this is strictly monitored. Suggestions for pubs would be appreciated. Carling and Tetleys is normally available inside the ground.

Last edited:
ill be at this 'home' game...we normally park on one of the side streets near the ground..quick and easy to get out!! :)

anyone know if we can buy on the door here?

anyone know if we can buy on the door here?

I would be almost certain that you will be able to. I will check at the ticket-office tomorrow and let you know.

agreed

must be mad if your going to this one!

Over 700 tickets sold, so there's plenty of it about. Have also had it confirmed by the ticket office that City fans will be able to pay on the day at turnstiles 47, 48, 49 and 50.

Last edited:
Over 700 tickets sold, so there's plenty of it about. Have also had it confirmed by the ticket office that City fans will be able to pay on the day at turnstiles 47, 48, 49 and 50.

Brilliant, I should be there all being well, even if I have to drive it myself

I take my hat off to you all for going to this game on Boxing day...:038: :038:

I take my hat off to you all for going to this game on Boxing day...:038: :038:

The odd thing about it is that, traditionally, Boxing Day was always a time for bigger attendances. It's only in recent times that going to the match with an over-full stomach has been seen as a bit of a chore.

I'm bored of Christmas now, there's a slim chance that I might go to get away from it all

Last edited:
I'm bored of Christmas now, there's a slim chance that I might go to get away from it all

I'm not bored of Christmas yet - I will definitely be there.

Changed my mind, reality has returned to inform me I no longer wish to watch Leicester City any more than essential.

(I really mean I don't want to give the current board another penny of my money to waste)

The odd thing about it is that, traditionally, Boxing Day was always a time for bigger attendances. It's only in recent times that going to the match with an over-full stomach has been seen as a bit of a chore.

do you not think that coincicides with the fact that the football league dont seem to make any effort to make boxing day games local anymore??

do you not think that coincicides with the fact that the football league dont seem to make any effort to make boxing day games local anymore??

I am sure it is one of the factors. The power of woman in the hierarchy of the family is clearly another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566