Hull post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't get back till late last night, we enjoyed ourselves greatly. Decent performance in the first half, but the second showed what we can do to teams when we start to play football. Probably deserved to score more but I'm elated with the 3 pts and the performance. And Fryatt did have a effect when he came on, looks as though he is actually find his form at last. I think in hindsight that we rushed him back to quickly from his injury because of our injury crisis but I'm looking forward to seeing the old Matty playing like he can.

A mate was sitting in the Hull bit to our left with friends and i spoke to him at halftime, the Hull fans around him thought they should've been 2-0 at halftime!

I sent him one back saying they were deluded!
Agree about Williams, are we finally going to see consistently good performances from him now?
Also agree about Fryatt, he looked a lot sharper than he did ealrier in this season, and looks to have shifted that extra bit of weight he was carrying.

A mate was sitting in the Hull bit to our left with friends and i spoke to him at halftime, the Hull fans around him thought they should've been 2-0 at halftime!

I sent him one back saying they were deluded!
Agree about Williams, are we finally going to see consistently good performances from him now?
Also agree about Fryatt, he looked a lot sharper than he did ealrier in this season, and looks to have shifted that extra bit of weight he was carrying.
We also had tickets for that stand through a corporate booking. My grandson was a bit intimidate among those Hull supporters. We had a word with the steward and got move to some safe seats in the row right behind our dugout. Made our day. Shook Rob's hand afterwards and spoke to a couple of players, Thanks a lot Hull Steward whoever you are.

Didn't get back till late last night, we enjoyed ourselves greatly. Decent performance in the first half, but the second showed what we can do to teams when we start to play football. Probably deserved to score more but I'm elated with the 3 pts and the performance. And Fryatt did have a effect when he came on, looks as though he is actually find his form at last. I think in hindsight that we rushed him back to quickly from his injury because of our injury crisis but I'm looking forward to seeing the old Matty playing like he can.

I honestly think it is entirely down to the lack of reserves team this year. I mentioned in another post elsewhere, but our ijured players have nowhere to regain match fitness and I think we are sufering for it.

Kelly out I reckon.

3 lucky wins and a boring draw against out of form Cardiff (2 points lost at home for heavens sake!).

That guy from Charlton is now free (Les Reed was it) - he must be a better option than Kelly.

Seriously though, I expect some more inconsistency from a young squad of limited talent and a novice management team. Some 3-5 points off where I expected us to be by now, but we should give Kelly a chance (as this season is practically lost) although if MM arrives with his money I expect RK to be given guidance on how to spend it - we cannot afford to waste any of it.

did anyone else see danny cadamarteri in the away end??? if it wasnt him it was his identical twin....ill bet mr yvs possessions that it was him :icon_bigg

Nice to see a number of positives coming out of this game,
1 A win
2 Williams playing like he can
3 Fryatt coming back to form
4 Low and Welsh nowhere in sight.

Now let's see if we can continue this run with a couple of solid performances against two of the current in-form sides.

i think the timing of the substitute was spot on...fryatt had a bearing on the result he showed a bit of his old self running at the opposition and and was involved in the build up to the corner which we scored from and he was fouled from the hull player that was sent off when he wouldve been clear on goal...why didnt their player get booked/sent off for the challenge on hammond in the first half?? it looked no different to the challenge on fryatt???

i think the timing of the substitute was spot on...fryatt had a bearing on the result he showed a bit of his old self running at the opposition and and was involved in the build up to the corner which we scored from and he was fouled from the hull player that was sent off when he wouldve been clear on goal...why didnt their player get booked/sent off for the challenge on hammond in the first half?? it looked no different to the challenge on fryatt???

Because with it being Hammond they knew it wouldnt be denying him a scoring opportunity...he was certain to feck it up before he reached the goal

I honestly think it is entirely down to the lack of reserves team this year. I mentioned in another post elsewhere, but our ijured players have nowhere to regain match fitness and I think we are sufering for it.

Well Josh Low, Kenton, Welsh and a few others were sitting just infront of me in the away section during the first half. They pissed off with 10mins to go and Sheean came back with a packet of crisps.

Overall though a good day out.

like he did from about 5 yards out in front of the goal :icon_roll

He did enough 5 yards out in the 55th minute to so confuse the Hull keeper about the ball's destination that he allowed Kisnorbo's header to cross the line unmolested.

He did enough 5 yards out in the 55th minute to so confuse the Hull keeper about the ball's destination that he allowed Kisnorbo's header to cross the line unmolested.

very true bocster :icon_bigg im sure i saw you on the concourse with 3 wise men :icon_bigg

very true bocster :icon_bigg im sure i saw you on the concourse with 3 wise men :icon_bigg

... and you didn't bother to say 'hello'?!?

:confused: I wonder who the three wise men were.

draw would be a good result, but we are capable of beating southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670