Hume - fractured skull

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should be ok to continue playing football but possibly not until next season. Peter Cech had a similar serious injury and now he dons that famous headgear although he is not required to wear it, he says he feels more safe wearing it since the injury. So Hume should be ok as it sounds, although still serious, not as bad as Cech's injury. I wouldn't like to comment on the ref's decision as I haven't seen any footage an it may have just been an unfortunate accident without any intent. Get well soon Hume

We don't know if Humey suffered any internal injuries and I suspect had serious details will have been kept from the press in respect of the family.

According to Sheffield United fan, Morgan was a thug in the incident and very, very lucky to get away with a yellow card and if two men hadn't already been sent off, he'd have followed.

Get Well Soon Humey!

Last edited:
Cech had a depressed skull fracture which is very serious, basically meant that he had a dent in his skull. I wasn't saying that Hume's wasn't worse I was just saying from the BBC article it 'seems' and I hope that it isn't as there was no mention of a depressed fracture. Even if it is as bad as Cech's was the likelihood is he will be able to continue playing. As before best wishes and get well soon Hume

Considering you're only eight years old, I think you make some good points gregs.
Impressively cogent and articulate from somebody so young.

Considering you're only eight years old, I think you make some good points gregs.
Impressively cogent and articulate from somebody so young.

haha 24 here I just got all my emails and discovered the temptations and perversions of the internet in 2000 hence the name.

on rivals.net.... amazingly a blades fan blamed davey for putting a midget up against morgan.

would not matter if he was 4ft4in,no place in football for elbowing,apparently davey is blaming referee andy durso because he was constantly warned about morgan elbowing but he turned a blind eye.(no surprise there)

I hope the police get involved for once, but they are too busy stopping speeding drivers the wankers!

Disgusting....Hume never gets off the ground. :icon_cry:

[youtube]w-UOngEsutI[/youtube]

Jeez. That camera makes it look like a deliberate assualt that deserves a solid jail term.

Last edited:
Jeez. That camera makes it look like a deliberate assualt that deserves a solid jail term.

It is assualt and the FA shold throw the book at the guy. DOn't blame the ref though, if he'd have seen it for the angle of the cameras he would have shown the red card without any hesitation what so ever. Even the commentator said that it looked inocuous enough.

Doubt if the FA have got the balls to do anything though.

My thoughts are with Humey, all the best mate.

yeah ok that deserved a red card. Must have been an intentional elbow as well to fracture a skull considering the were both stationary when going for the ball. Sick!

Good luck Iain, get well soon.

Horrible injury - that wanker Morgan deserves a bit of jail time, or at the least a fecking good kicking, for such a cold, deliberate assault. Very ugly indeed.

Good luck Iain, get well soon.

Horrible injury - that wanker Morgan deserves a bit of jail time, or at the least a fecking good kicking, for such a cold, deliberate assault. Very ugly indeed.

Watched this replay on sky last night with the benefit of a very unbiased opinion of Neil Warnock. Well, you know what if i felt nothing either way towards NW before this incident i certainly do now.

His take on this was that Hume ran onto Moprgan's elbow and there was nothing sinister in this. How the fu** can he say that having seen the replays? Clearly, and surely without dispute it is clear both players approached each other, Hume did not jump and Morgan slammed him with his elbow. Apparently Hume had already spoken to the ref about Morgans excessive use of the elbow earlier in the game.

NW's final say on this was that the club were at fault for not taking the injury seriously and sending him straight to hospital.

Neil Warnock you are a total disgrace.

Get well soon Hume!!!

Watched this replay on sky last night with the benefit of a very unbiased opinion of Neil Warnock. Well, you know what if i felt nothing either way towards NW before this incident i certainly do now.

His take on this was that Hume ran onto Moprgan's elbow and there was nothing sinister in this. How the fu** can he say that having seen the replays? Clearly, and surely without dispute it is clear both players approached each other, Hume did not jump and Morgan slammed him with his elbow. Apparently Hume had already spoken to the ref about Morgans excessive use of the elbow earlier in the game.

NW's final say on this was that the club were at fault for not taking the injury seriously and sending him straight to hospital.

Neil Warnock you are a total disgrace.

Get well soon Hume!!!

He also claimed that even after watching replays of the penalty incident he couldn't be sure it was even handball!

It was obviously handball from the first replay and as it was in the box it was a penalty.

To be fair to NW he normally speaks his mind and then after a bit of time to clear his head he apologies or admits he was wrong but these two incidents were clear from the TV replays and he looked a complete tool.

He also claimed that even after watching replays of the penalty incident he couldn't be sure it was even handball!

It was obviously handball from the first replay and as it was in the box it was a penalty.

To be fair to NW he normally speaks his mind and then after a bit of time to clear his head he apologies or admits he was wrong but these two incidents were clear from the TV replays and he looked a complete tool.

He showed himself in his true colours last night, i thought his comments were disgraceful and at best thoughtless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669