I have fallen out of love with the Foxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Martin wants is respect poor chap. He was always treated with respect by important persons at the football club. Nowadays nobody has any respect left for him. Shop assistants, young constables, pub landlords, cobblers, tram conductors, road workers, and especially asylum staff have stopped doffing their caps. Its sad day for him but we could'nt care a toss.

I've been supporting the foxes from near and far since the 60's.
At the end of a season, I always new I'd be back come the start of the following season, but last season has really been a tester.
Will I be back next season, probably, but if they want my hard earned on a more regular basis, they have to prove to me they're worthy of it.

I've been supporting the foxes from near and far since the 60's.
At the end of a season, I always new I'd be back come the start of the following season, but last season has really been a tester.
Will I be back next season, probably, but if they want my hard earned on a more regular basis, they have to prove to me they're worthy of it.

I know we've underperformed the past couple of seasons, but surely you're more optimistic now than when we were signing players like Andy Johnson on free transfers because we were flat broke? Or getting relegated to League One? What exactly was so bad about last season that would make you want to stop coming? I know we underperformed, but the future looks really positive to me.

I know we've underperformed the past couple of seasons, but surely you're more optimistic now than when we were signing players like Andy Johnson on free transfers because we were flat broke? Or getting relegated to League One? What exactly was so bad about last season that would make you want to stop coming? I know we underperformed, but the future looks really positive to me.

This is what got me last season. The amount of people around me, most of who should know better, were constantly moaning about how this is the worst team/midfield we've ever had. I kept pointing out the fact that some had very short memories and mentioned Andy Johnson, to which they replied "who?". Proved my point really.

I think that the problem is that we have become a mid-Championship team. Anybody that thinks the current squad will be in relegation difficulties is unduly pessimistic, but similarly, anyone looking at promotion is deluded too.

I think that the problem is that we have become a mid-Championship team. Anybody that thinks the current squad will be in relegation difficulties is unduly pessimistic, but similarly, anyone looking at promotion is deluded too.

With all due respect, I don't think there's any such thing as a mid-Championship team. It's such an unpredictable league that a couple of wins can take you from the lower end of the table to the playoffs and vice versa. Look at last season for example, Reading looked like a spent force at the start of the season, they were looking like they could be in a relegation battle, then they come from nowhere to win the league. Teams come up from League One and do well, teams come down from the Premier League and don't find it as easy as they thought. Any side can beat anyone in this league and they regularly do - that doesn't happen in many other leagues.

I personally think this is one of the most evenly matched leagues in the world and at the start of the season, any team in this league is capable of getting promoted. I would class us, on paper, as one of the better teams in the league, but there are so many teams of similar quality that the margin of error between success and failure is extremely tight.

With all due respect, I don't think there's any such thing as a mid-Championship team. It's such an unpredictable league that a couple of wins can take you from the lower end of the table to the playoffs and vice versa. Look at last season for example, Reading looked like a spent force at the start of the season, they were looking like they could be in a relegation battle, then they come from nowhere to win the league. Teams come up from League One and do well, teams come down from the Premier League and don't find it as easy as they thought. Any side can beat anyone in this league and they regularly do - that doesn't happen in many other leagues.

I personally think this is one of the most evenly matched leagues in the world and at the start of the season, any team in this league is capable of getting promoted. I would class us, on paper, as one of the better teams in the league, but there are so many teams of similar quality that the margin of error between success and failure is extremely tight.

So, you rate Barnsley and Bolton as equally likely to gain promotion?

Nigel is in charge. He will get us up. :icon_bigg

Barnsley could certainly finish above Bolton. With a couple of shrewd but high quality signings, an otherwise average team can end up challenging for a play-off place. People didn't imagine Swansea would get promoted in 2010/11, but then they signed Scott Sinclair for 500k, and so on. Similarly, teams coming down from the Premier League can sometimes be very poor, such as Burnley, or Middlesbrough in 2010/11.

Would you have put money on Southampton finishing above West Ham at the start of last season? Anyone can beat anyone in this league.

If we go back 12 months, Sven was in charge, bringing in some "quality" players. The previous season had seen us play some of the best football for many a year. The new season was being welcomed with a renewed optimism.

As the season progressed, Sven's gone, the so called quality players, aren't.
Pearson returns, looks to sortout the mess. We're still in with a chance of the play-offs.
3 months to go, player X in the paper "we'll do what we can to win our remaining games....."
2 months to go player Y in the paper "we'll do what we can to win our remaining games...."

Then a game by game count down, each time a different player coming out and saying the same thing, "we'll do what we can to win our remaining games blah blah feckin blah....."
All the time, as a supporter, and I believe many others, were saying, stuff the talk, just bloody do it.

A very frustrating season.

As for freebies like AJ, level of optimism was never at the same level as it was last season.
Every new season brings with it a renewed optimism, but maybe I was too optimistic last season, that I'm now deflated.
We'll see when the new season gets underway ;)

H T B said:
Then a game by game count down, each time a different player coming out and saying the same thing, "we'll do what we can to win our remaining games blah blah feckin blah....."
All the time, as a supporter, and I believe many others, were saying, stuff the talk, just bloody do it.

A very frustrating season.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but is there a vague chance that the teams we were playing against might have wanted to win games as well? That might have been a factor...

Forgive me if I'm wrong but is there a vague chance that the teams we were playing against might have wanted to win games as well? That might have been a factor...
I will forgive you. ;)
However well the opposition play should not deter you from trying to win a game.
Some games this came across as not being obvious from our team, despite their promises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669