Ian Harte Leaves Levante

Status
Not open for further replies.

TynesideFox

Ian Harte has had his contract mutually terminated so is now looking for a return to english football.

After the hyped up JFH signing Fiacso Would like to see MM move to try and secure the services of Harte a recognized left back who is passionate plays his heart out and is a great passer and has a fair quantity of shots at goal.

I know that it is highly unlikely that we could sign a player of his magnetude but what a signing he would be.

Get him in!

We could finally have a decent free kick taker as well, and a quality left back at the same time. Would be a great signing.

I've not seen him lately though, so that is based on before he moved out to Spain. Don't know if things have gone downhill someway for him if Levante are cancelling his contract?

Last edited:
I can't see Celtic signing him when they have Lee Naylor at Left Back, who had a brilliant season up there and would have been in the England Squad had he'd been watched more by McClaren. Mark Wilson is back up too in that position for them. You never know with Celtic though I suppose. They did have 8 senior strikers last season!!

I used to watch Leeds a lot with my brother (Leeds fan), and didn't rate Harte that much as a defender even at this prime. Good going forward, set-pieces etc. Always in my dream team. But not that good a tackler. Not much pace either.

mm hasnt been shouting from the rooftops about wanting him so i doubt he would sign for us..

Last edited:
He was too old and slow when he left Leeds - pretty hard to imagine any reverse there.

He has left his current (or rather former) club because he is constantly injured and they have had enough.

Unless Carl Cort wants some company I can't see the point.

He was too old and slow when he left Leeds - pretty hard to imagine any reverse there.

He was only 26 when he left Leeds!

He's 29 now... still not exactly old.

Was apparently injured for lots of last season though

He has left his current (or rather former) club because he is constantly injured and they have had enough.

Unless Carl Cort wants some company I can't see the point.

He was injured a lot last season, but was fine before that. I don't know what injuries he had, but one season missed through injury isn't that horrific..

I don't know enough about him to form a real opinion on this, having not seen him play since he left Leeds, but if he's anything like the player he was then I'd take him in a second.

He was injured a lot last season, but was fine before that. I don't know what injuries he had, but one season missed through injury isn't that horrific..

I don't know enough about him to form a real opinion on this, having not seen him play since he left Leeds, but if he's anything like the player he was then I'd take him in a second.

I would have him here for his dead ball quality most certainly. It is still obvious that we can't do anything with set pieces.

Me too just imagine the team IF we did get Murphy, Hart ,Stefanovic would defo make us a force to be reckoned with..

I know its pipe dreams but if it happened would be a wet dream..:icon_lol:

I would have him here for his dead ball quality most certainly. It is still obvious that we can't do anything with set pieces.

Agreed, he has soemthing special with his dead ball skills, if he is now medically sound we should get him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669