Ian Hume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feriol said:
I Think that pairing should keep us up. Next season though i think we will need someone more prolific if we are to look at promotion, although at tranmere Hume showed he can score his fair share, as an attacking midfielder. so maybe if he gets going it will work out. I am quite excited about the pottential of their partnership, i hope it comes together.

Agreed. Hume was with Tranmere from the age of 16. Where he played here, in the "boonies" (i.e. Canada) I've no idea, his talent still needs development. He's certainly not an Owen Hargreaves...(at the moment) Playing for Canada..(84th, one place behind Albania!) is certainly no great achievement. I just hope he gets the right pairing in order to become a consistently effective player.

:038: :038: :038:

Feriol said:
Next season though i think we will need someone more prolific if we are to look at promotion, ...

Here we go again - looking for promotion next season before we are safe this season!

IMO promotion could be a possibility next season with the right manager and 2 or 3 new players..lets face it the league standard is crap

dpjfox said:
IMO promotion could be a possibility next season with the right manager and 2 or 3 new players..lets face it the league standard is crap

I'm suprised no one has been on saying if Rob Kelly keeps his 100% record we'll make the playoffs with 74 pts.

If he doesn't then hang him by his balls off the clock tower the useless brummie shite.

:icon_roll :mad:

Duzza said:
IMO we won't be thinking about promotion for at least 3 years.

We will all think about it Duzza but maybe not think its realistic.

Joe_Fox said:
We will all think about it Duzza but maybe not think its realistic.

For some reason I'm thinking positive today!

Anything can happen in a season or two in football.

We're all agreed that we have as good a set of young players as we've had in a long,long time. Whether they will all fulfill that potential remains to be seen and will be largely down to the new manager.

What we don't have at the moment is a bedrock of experienced,proven players we can rely on - that can all change in a season with couple of shrewd signings and some of those aforementioned players of potential moving to the next level...

The key as we all know is the managerial appointment...........

Toronto said:
Agreed. Hume was with Tranmere from the age of 16. Where he played here, in the "boonies" (i.e. Canada) I've no idea, his talent still needs development. He's certainly not an Owen Hargreaves...(at the moment) Playing for Canada..(84th, one place behind Albania!) is certainly no great achievement. I just hope he gets the right pairing in order to become a consistently effective player.

:038: :038: :038:
Well thank fook for that then !!!!!!!

bocadillo said:
Here we go again - looking for promotion next season before we are safe this season!

I did say IF. And in my opinion that should be our Ambition next season (hopefully out of the championship, not to it) whether we can achieve it is another matter, which i didn't comment on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669