Image Copyright

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew

Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but here goes.

We used to supply a company in Blackburn with some products that we manufactured to our own designs, not specifically for them.

We stopped dealing with them due to the fact they were shit payers etc.

They have however continued to use our product images to promote their own products made in Italy, not only on their website but on their brochures as well.

What can we do about it? Do we have any legal standing.

They are misleading customers by using our images, without being arrogant ours are far superior.

We used to supply a company in Blackburn with some products that we manufactured to our own designs, not specifically for them.

They have however continued to use our product images to promote their own products made in Italy, not only on their website but on their brochures as well.

They are misleading customers by using our images, without being arrogant ours are far superior.

You can take them to the cleaners.

If you took the photographs you have copyright licence end of.

The fact that they are misleading customers and misrepresenting your intellectual property should be a financial bonus in there aswell

If you have not sighned the image rights over to them, our they do not have writen permition to use you have a cast iron case but in my experience off this the best thing to do is write to them giving them 28 days to remove or you will take it legal.

Copyright is something automatic that applies upon creation of the work. It sounds like they are breaching your copyright on said images.

They are also using your work as their own, and as beighton says, infringing further on your property rights, passing off can be a costly offense!

You could get a tidy sum by arguing that you have lost a lot of money as a result of people buying what they thought was your product. A good lawyer (good at his job) could get you a fortune.

I am no lawyer. :icon_eek: ;)

Where is your loss? If you are not making any money out of it in Italy what have you lost out of it. It may be your original work but if you are not exploiting it in Italy it would seem to me to be rough on someone who has the nous to exploit it. :102:

If it is successful in Italy I feel a better strategy would be to see if you can exploit their entrepreneurship rather than needlessly try to prevent their efforts. ;)

I am no lawyer. :icon_eek: ;)

Where is your loss? If you are not making any money out of it in Italy what have you lost out of it. It may be your original work but if you are not exploiting it in Italy it would seem to me to be rough on someone who has the nous to exploit it. :102:

If it is successful in Italy I feel a better strategy would be to see if you can exploit their entrepreneurship rather than needlessly try to prevent their efforts. ;)

the rival products are made in Italy, they may be sold elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669