'Are there too many immigrants in Britain?'

21% Said:
Yes

17% Said:
No

62% Said:
عهد الأمن العالمي بواشنط

Last edited:
the following post does not reflect the thoughts of the poster....

The following question was asked in a recent poll:

'Are there too many immigrants in Britain?'

21% Said: Yes

17% Said: No

62% Said: عهد الأمن العالمي بواشنط

:icon_lol:

Well i was informed today that we are having a statue of Gandhi.
We have already changed a park name for some South African bloke.
When are we going to have something for Leicesters English population? Why cant we have someone who means something, to the very people that our council would love to sweep under the carpet:102:
I demand a statue of Gary Coatsworth.

It's been covered on here before BB. The Gandhi statue is being positioned in the middle of Belgrave and it's being privately funded. All the council have to do is grant planning permission. Not causing much harm really.

If someone wanted to stick a Gary Lineker statue next to the Walkers, it would be exactly the same.

When are we going to have something for Leicesters English population?

Yes - what about a statue of Thomas Cook? Outside the station would be a good place to put it.

It's been covered on here before BB. The Gandhi statue is being positioned in the middle of Belgrave and it's being privately funded. All the council have to do is grant planning permission. Not causing much harm really.

If someone wanted to stick a Gary Lineker statue next to the Walkers, it would be exactly the same.

I'm not objecting to a statue in Belgrave. Though i object to the fact that the City i've lived near all my life, does little to promote anything to do with the English way of life. Its a shame that the council does not want to promote and remind all communities, that Leicester does have a proud history which as not just been created by the diverse population that now occupies it. One of the greatest discoveries of the 20th Century was Sir Alec Jefferies DNA, and imo its things like this that the city should be proud to recognize.

I'm not objecting to a statue in Belgrave. Though i object to the fact that the City i've lived near all my life, does little to promote anything to do with the English way of life. Its a shame that the council does not want to promote and remind all communities, that Leicester does have a proud history which as not just been created by the diverse population that now occupies it. One of the greatest discoveries of the 20th Century was Sir Alec Jefferies DNA, and imo its things like this that the city should be proud to recognize.

Hey we have a statue to our cities great sporting achievements, let that be enough!

Hey we have a statue to our cities great sporting achievements, let that be enough!

It needs upgrading now though. Perhaps a large penis sticking out of the footballers head may increase its relevance today. :icon_wink

That's because the council are too busy hand out pay cuts and too busy with their regeneration plans plus resurfacing the whole of the city centre.

Yes indeed - damn that blasted regeneration of the city centre

Let it slowly decay and fall apart around our ears in the good old British tradition, and instead witter on about our 'proud history'.

That's what we really want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570